40) Who is She? -part 2/ Grayson

I didn't feel like going back and editing since I took so long to get this up, correct me if you see something hahah

Refresher::: Your best friend sends you a video of Grayson grinding with a girl at a club when he said he was with Ethan. He came home at one am to you crying on the couch. You fought, left him, and he was begging for you to stay. (Chapter 26)
*~six months later~*
TRIGGER WARNING: BREIF SCENE THAT ALMOST LEADS TO RAPE. O WILL HAVE A NOTICE ON WHEN TO SKIP

  I walk to my small apartment back from my job as a barista. Grayson stayed at the house, so I had to sell my car to be financially stable. He was in medical school so he probably is still fine paying for the house. It wasn't a super nice car, just an *insert mediocre car brand here lol I'm sorry* The walk wasn't even really that far, and I was slowly earning back the money.
A lot has changed since I left Grayson. I dyed my hair blonde, got a nose piercing, and I got a pet fish named Opal to keep my company in the apartment. Sad, I know, but I've never lived alone.
Grayson and I started dating Senior year and moved into a small house together when we graduated. We were too young. I'm 21 now, and I'm on my third year of online college.
  It's not ideal, but I'm getting my degree no matter what I have to do. And if that means living a depressing life filled with cheez-it's, ramen noodles and Gatorade, that's what I'll do.
  The night sky didn't show many stars, but I still looked up searching for them.
•skip if assault triggers you and scroll to the other note•
  Suddenly, I feel two large arms grab me from behind and drag me into an alley.
  I tried screaming for help, but his hand covered my mouth. I bit down as hard as I could, and he finally took his hand away.
  "HELP, HELP ME!" I screamed as loud as I could. The man slammed me onto the hard floor, and my hand landed on some broken glass.
  I tried to get up and run, but he was too strong. He threw me to the floor again, and started to try pulling down my shorts.
  He held a rag to my face filled with a chemical, and my vision started to fade.
  Until it got yanked away, and I tried to blink to see what was happening.
  A tall strong figure was beating the man that tried to rape me, and letting out small grunts as he did so.
  •assault is over but Grayson is still being a bad bitch•
I rubbed my eyes to see, and some how, some way, Grayson was there kicking my attacker to near death.
  At the end, Grayson spit on his face. He looked down at me, on the floor extremely vulnerable and pitiful.
  I tried to say something, but my voice was so hoarse it just sounded like a weak croak.
  He reached down and picked me up bridal style taking me to his car. I felt like I should be protesting, but I really had no room to. I finally got the energy to mumble some words.
  "What... the fuck." I whispered out. He layed me down in his backseat with a small laugh.
  He sat down in the drivers seat and started driving.
  "I need you to stay awake. I don't need a dead person in the back seat of my car. What have you been up to?" He asked as if we were having a casual conversation. I groaned, because I really just wanted to sleep, but I knew if that guy gave me the right kind of drug, who knows what could happen.
  "Oh you know, I've been around. Sometimes I go to Target, go for jogs around the block, get attacked in an alley, the usual." I said in a sarcastic tone. I feel like now is not the time to tell him I've been in therapy since I left him. "Oh yeah, also therapy once a week since we broke up." Oh well. He let out a sigh.
  "I've been seeing a therapist too. Shes really helped me." He commented. I felt a spark of jealousy knowing that the person Grayson spilled our broken love life too was probably some beautiful woman.
I didn't say anything for a while. I just thought. I thought about that night. The night that I was crying for hours after finding out he cheated. But still missing him everyday.
"Look, I didn't know her. I really was hanging out with Ethan, but we decided to go clubbing. I knew it was a bad idea, but I still went. I drank more than I thought I would, and it just happened. When I tell you I was loyal and love you with all my heart, I'm not lying." He explained. I guess he still had the power to read my mind.
"Love" I said.
"What?"
"You said love. Not loved." I remarked, still not looking at him. I felt a tear roll down the side of my face.
Moments of silence passed before we arrived at his house. I sat up, and watched the door open. I tried to step out, but the second I did my legs weakened and I fell.
Luckily, Grayson caught me. He held me up against his chest, and I felt his warmth. His heartbeat calmed me, the way it always did when we slept together.
He held me there awkwardly, staring me down. I blinked a few times, and tried not to fall for him in the course of ten minutes.
He coughed and then swooped my arm over his shoulders and helped me inside.
Everything was the exact same since I left. The same knit blanket draped over the couch, the same lamp shade with a crack in the side, and the same smell. It smelled like warm cinnamon and vanilla, something I didn't realize I missed until I got here.
He took me to the bathroom, where under the sink there was an endless stash of medical supplies, in guessing were for my hand.
I glanced at the counter and saw my old purple toothbrush right where I left it in the little cup. That made me smile.
"Give me your hand." Grayson instructed. I timidly have him my bloody hand thanks to landing on the glass. He held rubbing alcohol in his hand and I knew this was going to hurt like hell. I squeezed my eyes shut. "I'll be gentle." I heard him say, wrapping his free hand around my other hand.
I felt the substance sting, and I squeezed Grayson's hand. I felt tears in the back of my eyes, but they weren't coming out. I was sitting there whimpering and holding Grayson's hand.
  "It's okay... it's okay. I got you." He said, grabbing a bandage. He wrapped it around my hand, and the pain died down.
  He gave me two pain killers to help me sleep. He told me to go to our- his room, and I flopped onto the bed right in my spot. I let out a sigh of relief, feeling the comfort of my old bed. On my old nightstand, I saw an old framed picture of us and my old perfume bottle perfume bottle.
  Grayson came through the door with a glass of water in his hand and set it down on the night stand. He gave me a short smile and began to walk out of the room.
  "Grayson?" I called. He turned his head. "Thank you." He gave a more genuine smile and walked out.

~6 months later~
  I sat in the middle of the café, waiting for Grayson to arrive. After talking for a while, he asked me on a date. Seeing how he had changed made me want to start again, considering how happy he had made me when we were dating and the incident a few months ago.
  The door opened, and I quickly turned my head to see if it was him. Sadly, it was just some Mom with her kid. I sighed and looked at my phone.
  2:01 pm. I should just leave, this won't work out. I stood up, and felt a hand on my shoulder. And there he was. Wearing that charming smile that had me since our (first) first date.
  "(Y/n)... let's try this again, shall we?"

I'm sorry this took so long I'm such a piece of trash stereotype that apologizes for being inactive and then takes a month to upload FUCK