Eyeless Jack part 2

I frowned my phone in my back pocket constantly buzzing. As soon as I reached for my phone the door banged open I shoved the phone into my back pocket. Pupp winced rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Pupp sighed as he scooted back in my bed so his back was against the wall. 

"I am so sorry, I was trying to get the door open but it wouldn't budge and then..." he sighed looking defeated. I sat up in my computer chair and gave him a reassuring smile. Ever since he got back it's like he reverted back to when he was younger. I guess he just needs more time with his big brother. I have his back.

"It's okay, Pupp. Whats up, bro?"

"Um...can....can I sit down first?"

 "Sure, mi casa es su casa"  

 "I am sorry to come in here so late but I don't know what else to do. What you had told me...I am considering it. But what could people like us say to a normal human therapist? Oh, yeah, Dr. Shrink, killing just drives off the edge you know? It's just like a cigarette on a hard day of work. Plus, no one wants to hear about my nonexistent love life." I took a moment considering the right words that wouldn't send him off. As my phone began to buzz more persistently I began to worry. Are they okay? Is my son still having problems? Maybe I could check for a quick second...?

"EJ?" 

"Hmm? Oh, sorry Pupp. I get what you mean, but what choice do we have? I know I am older, but I don't have the answer to that...hold on a sec..."

                 I pulled out the phone and typed in the pass code, our anniversary. 5 missed calls. I sighed calling her back, and she answered immediately "EJ I know you're still at your Dad's house, but babe...your son refuses to go to sleep without talking to you again. I've tried everything. Please help me out." I couldn't help, but smile at the sound of her tired voice. I could only imagine what he managed to do to stay up this long.

"Okay, baby put him on the phone" I chuckled as I heard his soft voice barely there. Pupp coughed loudly grabbing my attention. He pointed to the phone and shrugged looking at me curiously. I mouthed her name and he winked at me motioning towards the door. I waved as he left closing the door behind him. 

"Daddy?" His voice trembled slightly making me sit up straight in my chair. 

"What's wrong, son?" I stared at the floor concerned. Overactive thoughts raced through my mind coming to wild conclusions when his voice silenced them once more. 

"You've been gone forever." I sat there frozen guilt spreading in my chest.

"I know, son. But I will be back soon, daddy just has to spend time with Grandpa, all your Uncles, and your Aunt." I tried to explain the best I could without feeling the need to drive all the way back home two states over.

"Can we come too?" I sat there stumped. I don't know how to answer that. I tried to imagine my soon to be fiancee and son sitting on his racecar themed bed. I owe them an explanation. I know she felt hurt when I had to tell her that I would be going by myself. She was eager to meet my mysterious family that she only got snippets of stories from. It really hurt her that my family didn't know about both of their existence. The last time I was here killing was all we needed to get by. There was no love. We didn't need any romance getting in the way of our true calling. Until I came across the most hard headed stubborn girl in the grocery store. We kept bumping into each other everywhere. We would get more annoyed and frustrated the more we saw each other. Then by chance, I saved her. I saved her from herself. Now, I need to save them from potential danger. I don't know how they would react. I don't know how to break the news to them. But I know that I can't avoid this forever.

"M-Maybe next time" my heart broke as only silence met with my reply. My girl's voice whispered softly into the phone "text me in the morning. Night, EJ."

"Night."

                 And that's when I felt it stronger than ever. Shame. It was all my fault. As her boyfriend I told her all the things I would do for her. I promised myself that I wouldn't hurt her in any way. But I ended up hurting my family. The family I grew with her...and my original family. I need to tell them the truth. I need to be with my brothers when I propose to her. I want Slendy to see our child. I can't hurt my little man's heart anymore. In order for this to work...I am going to need Lui. Maybe then I will be able to take the big step with my brothers and sister by my side.