Puppeteer pt 2

I found myself on a never ending cycle. Ever since last New Years I had went through a whirlwind of girls. I used them just like they did me. Feeding them the pain I felt first hand. It was now Spring, I gravitated to the nightclub downtown knowing it would be packed with easy prey. I had changed completely; my hair, my clothes, and my attitude it was easy when there was no one who noticed.

I smirked running my hand through my hair as I nodded at the bodyguard. He let me and I let the pop music with bass that shook inside me control me. I stood up straighter and looked through the crowd. I pulled out some cash nodding towards the bartender who gave me a nod of acknowledgment taking the vodka from the shelf behind him. I drummed my fingers along the counter absentmindedly.

I bit my lip as I ignored the buzzing from my phone. It's probably Slenderman again. He said he was worried about me. Ha. He doesn't know what this fucking feels like. I thought maybe he could see how hard it was for me, but ever since that one night I saw him with a girl...in our house...I knew he couldn't. He wants me to go home early, but hell no. Why would I go back to that love fest? I-It's too much for me to deal with. I shook my head as two shot glasses appeared in front of me. I threw them back swallowing the bitter alcohol. I don't blame them. They are happy. It's not their fault I can't find my person. It was so fucking easy for them though. I rolled my eyes as my phone began to buzz again. I let it continue ignoring it completely. An arm wrapped around my shoulders a tear slipped down my cheek surprising me. A familiar touch that left me warm inside. I turned quickly seeing someone unfamiliar but the black curly hair resembled her. She was looking at me with a smile something that was rare to have without any ulterior motive involved.

The next thing I knew we were dancing together our bodies moving in sync. She didn't press on me like the others she invited me in. We danced together at our own pace the music a dull whisper as our eyes never left the others. I pulled her closer to me so we were only inches away from each other. My hand rested on her waist not wanting to treat her like the other girls. This one was different. We talked a little in the back our voices melding with the others. It grew in excitement as we discussed our love of classic rock. She put her hand on mine only for a few seconds when she ordered drinks. We had a contest seeing who could drink the most.

Everything else was a blur until I woke up that morning in an unknown bed. It had dark red sheets cold on my naked body. I rose up quickly turning to her, maybe this will be the relationship I have been waiting for? My heart stopped as I looked at the empty spot beside me. I stood up not bothering to cover myself walking around the apartment for her. It was all quiet and empty my heartbeat faster as I heard a knock at the door. I hurried to the door opening it hoping it was her. The girl from last night. Only to see it was EJ he groaned and covered his eyes.

"Really, man? Put some freaking clothes on" he covered his eyes walking inside the room.

I turned moving into the bedroom I shared with her. Her scent still on the sheets. I sighed lowering myself onto the bed slipping on my boxers and jeans. I covered my eyes as I tried to contain my emotions. I began to shake rocking back and forth on my heels my breath getting heavier as I picked up the night stand beside me and threw it at the wall. I am alone. The tears began to fall easier and soon my vision was blurred by tears. I let myself fall on the side of the bed caving in on myself. The slips of gold shimmered around me destroying everything in my path everything around me. As I sat paralyzed in my own anguish. I screamed and everything fell something floated down from the all the rubble. A single white card fell down on my lap. I picked it up reading it an unwilling smile appeared on my lips. A single sentence written neatly on the smooth paper. Thanks for last night. I should have expected that. I crushed the note in my hand opening the door walking straight into him. "Pupp-" I ignored him walking out the door leaving him in the apartment. This was just another meaningless fling. I blinked back the tears as he caught up with me. "I think you should...ummm...well... Slenderman and I have been talking. We think maybe you should...start getting treated for your depression." His words caught me off guard, but the way he spoke in a way of finality. I sighed "why didn't you bring your girlfriend with you?"

He paused then turned toward me "because this a personal matter. And you become very hostile and destructive when you are depressed.

"It's been awhile since anyone has seen you, EJ. Why are you showing up now and of all places here?" I watched his black eyes.

"I missed my family, okay? I wanted to at least spend time with ya'll for the weekend. And now that I am here I am going to be here for you. I won't let you push me away like you're trying to do with Slendy. That's not right. You know he is worried about you. He would have came out if it wasn't for the bastards that traumatized him." He put a hand on my shoulder gently giving me a reassuring squeeze. "I fucking missed you." He pulled me into a hug holding me tight until I stopped struggling against him. Until we were both crying. I moved away from him wiping away my tears hurriedly. "Real men cry. Don't be ashamed" he joked sniffling a little before moving his arm around my shoulders.

"Will you please come back home?" his voice cracked a bit and I could tell in an instant how he has been. In our family, Slenderman is the father as I said before. But the big brothers are Eyeless Jack or EJ, Toby, and Jeff. EJ is the oldest and acts the most mature compared to the rest of us. I have been wondering where he has been. He went off the radar after he secretly dated his girlfriend. Something seems different about him...

"Yeah..." he smiled as he led me to his car. He used to own this motorcycle he rebuilt. Now he owned a SUV I raised an eyebrow questioningly. He shrugged sheepishly "I bought it so we could go on vacations together...all of us."

I sat in the passenger seat buckling up. He got in and began driving towards our home. "How is your girlfriend anyway?" I asked directing the focus towards him. "She has been busy. Insisting that she gets a job and start working again. I wish she didn't feel the need to do everything. But damn, I love her." He looked to the side and started turned right to get on the back roads away from everyone.

"How long has it been since y'all started dating anyway?" I asked him remembering the days when we would share a room. He would always stay up on the phone chuckling and grinning smugly.

"Four years man, it feels like we met yesterday." He grinned a warm smile of a lovesick boy.

"You're whipped man" I announced chuckling.

"Damn straight. I...I am not sure if you would be okay with this, but since you are the only one who knows about her...can I ask you something?" He glanced at me his worried face making another appearance.

I nodded "sure."

"Open the glovebox. I would have asked Sally, but you know how she is. She is still very young and would announce it to the world." I curiously opened it digging through bandaids and grocery coupons. A black velvet box laid at the very bottom. "Oh shit. Don't tell me you're going to propose to me. I am flattered but you're like a brother to me, man." I joked as he threw a small stuffed animal at my head.

"Shut up, Pupp." He sighed as he turned left. I opened the box seeing a pink pearl with diamonds surrounding it. The band was designed to look like vines with leaves on it.

"Oh my gosh, dude, you went all out on her." I voiced out in shock.

"She deserves only the best."

"She will love it, man."

I closed it gently and buried it back under the pile of stuff he seemed to collect over the years. I shut the glovebox and looked out the window.

"Must be nice..." I whispered as I watched the forest swallow us deeper.