The Vampire

Chapter 18

****Lucas****

We arrived to the house of where the vampire lived, it was a big house. Figures, since vampires live forever, they earn money quick.

Before the five of us even bothered getting out of the car we had to come up with a plan.

"Alright, vampires don't like werewolves, or necromancers. What do we do is he attacks us?" Mark spoke up.

"We fight back.....it would be the only choice we have really." I said.

"Wait that's the plan? That's it!" Daniel said a little to loudly.

"Well that do you suppose we do Daniel?" Garrus said, "I mean think about it, we knock on the door, either we get invited in or attacked. If attacked we attack back, if invited in we give a thanks and begin the questioning." I could see in the rear-view mirror Garrus rolling his eyes.

"Okay let's go then." My mother said stepping out of the car first.

Once we were all out of the car I led the group of us to the door of the vampire's house, before ringing the doorbell, a question came to mind, "What's his name?"

"Vladimir, I know stereotypical vampire name." Garrus said, chuckling.

I nodded and rang the doorbell, I could hear the loud chimes throughout the house, echoing, making it seem like a longer bell noise.

We waited several minutes before Vladimir opened the door.

When he opened the door, he looked very familiar. He had blond hair and bright green eyes, he had a perfect face. He was tall and wore a dark pair of jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt.

"Hello, what can I......WEREWOLVES!" He hissed and crouched into a fighting position. "What are you doing here you mutts!?"

"Calm down, I just have a couple questions for you, I don't plan on attacking you or anything." I said, putting my hands up to show I wasn't going to attack.

He stood back up, "And this filthy necromancer, do you have questions as well?"

My mother smirked, "Yes as a matter of fact I do, and you can go fuck yourself."

Garrus burst out laughing, "I love this woman!" He said putting his arm around her.

"Ah a wizard and a necromancer...unusual. Well come on in then." He turned around and motioned for us to enter his house.

The inside of Vladimir's house was dark and gloomy, the only colour to the house was a deep blood red, which only consisted of the furniture, and drapes, the rest of the house was black, the walls were black and the hard wood floors were a deep dark brown.

"What can I help you with?" He asked.

"I'm looking for a killer." I stated.

He turned his head to me, and smiled, "Who did this killer murder?" He asked.

"My mate, Layla."

"Layla, sounds familiar. Very familiar. Was she by chance a vampire?" He asked, his smile growing.

"Yes, she was."

"Oh I know her very well, mated to a mutt. What are the odds!!" He began laughing.

"How do you know Layla?"

"Well she's my daughter of course!" He said still laughing.

"Where is she!?" I yelled.

Vladimir stopped laughing, "Don't raise your voice in my house!" He stood up from the couch he was sitting on and ran at me at adnormal speed, but before I knew it Garrus was in front of me taking claw marks to the right side of his face.

He screamed in pain as the right of his ripped and bled. He would defiantly have a scar there.

"You took one for the kid, how sweet. Now all of you show respect. This is my house." He sat back down on the couch, while my mother got up and went to Garrus.

"We need medical supplies!" She shouted at Vladimir.

"Oh he'll live, you're a tiresome woman." He said rolling his eyes.

"I'm fine my love, I'm fine. Just stings a little is all." Garrus said through gritted teeth.

"You are not fine! Your flesh is hanging off your face." My mother said trying to stop Garrus from standing up.

"Stop, I'm fine. I just want to sit on that couch over there." Garrus said while pointing to the couch away from Vladimir.

My mom nodded her head, and helped Garrus to the couch. She tore up the bottom hem of her shirt and began patting Garrus' face with it, causing him to grimace in pain.

"Where is she?" I asked again, calmly this time.

Vladimir smiled, "Respect is the key to life, and where my daughter is, well that's for me to know and for you to find out. Soon hopefully." He said.

"What do you mean soon?"

"Soon as in now." I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned my head and there stood Layla with an evil grin on her face.

"Layla? I...you're alive?!"

I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head, that last thing I saw was her evil grin turn to a saddened frown.

***********************************

Short and late I know. I am so sorry!!! But hey awesome plot twist. Vote and comment please :)