The Storm and The Calm

Chapter 15

****Lucas****

The drive to Chestnut spells was very quiet, Mark and Daniel were asleep in the back, and my mother just stared out the window the whole time.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was thinking about Fade, or maybe my father. Two men who hurt her.

We have been on the road for a few hours now, and Chestnut Spells was only another hour away.

"Lucas, are we going to get a hotel before we find Garrus?" Mark asked, sounding groggy.

"Well I'm hoping Garrus will want to help us and that he'll open his house to us, so we have to go see Garrus first." I said back.

"Okay sounds good." Mark responded before falling back to sleep.

"Mom. I have a couple questions. About necromancers."

My mother looked away from the window and at me, "What questions do you have?" She said smiling.

"Can I levitate? I've noticed that when you get angry or upset, even when you summon the dead you raise from the ground."

"No, only full bred necromancers can levitate, and they have to be extremely strong to levitate with emotions. My mother and father were both very strong necromancers, that is how I became so strong. That and practise."

"Oh okay, and I have one more question. Is there away to raise the dead without them being under your control, like you actually raise them to live again."

My mothers face became serious, "I have never seen it be done. My son, don't play with something that can burn you. Which means do not raise your mate from the ground, she may want to stay dead." My mother turned back towards the window, indicating the conversation was over.

More minutes passed and finally we were in Chestnut Spells town.

I knew exactly where Garrus lived. It was in the forest of the town, a nice cottage type house. I remember Garrus as not a very social person, he liked to keep to himself and conjure his spells in peace.

As we drove up the dirt road leading to his house I began to feel uneasy. As if something were wrong.

"Do you guys feel that?" I asked.

"Yeah I do" Mark said.

"I've got massive chills" Daniel said, rubbing his arms.

"There is defiantly something wrong." My mother said.

"The sky has gotten really dark, almost black!" Mark said, sounding concerned.

"This is very strange." My mother stated.

Once we had pulled up to the house and got out, we heard yelling coming from inside. It was muffled but hearable.

I walked up to the door with my friends and mom behind me. I knocked 3 times and the yelling stopped. The door opened and there stood Garrus before us.

Garrus was tall, probably 6 feet. He had short dirty blonde hair and light blue eyes. He had a strong jaw and high cheek bones. Garrus wore a white T-shirt that was tight and outlined his abs and chest. If I were a gay man I would defiantly want him.

"Lucas....is that that you?" Garrus said, squinting his eyes.

"Yeah, it's me." I said smiling at him.

His eyes widened, "I haven't seen you in ages! What brings you here?"

"I was wondering if I...I mean we, could get your help?" I asked, while gesturing to Mark, Daniel, and my mother.