It begins

Chapter 3

****Lucas****

It's only been 3 weeks since my mate was killed, yet it feels like it were just yesterday. I've taken this time to mourn her, to keep my head on my shoulders.

I haven't told my father that she's dead, I don't need to see his joy filled face. In fact I haven't told anyone, because no one knows about her. I've kept it as a secret. Though I feel it's time to tell my Beta and Third command, I need their help.

I've decided to tell them today. I've set up a meeting for the 3 of us only. It starts in 5 minutes.

****5 minutes later****

Daniel and Mark show up on time together, they don't bother to make any jokes, they know this is a serious meeting.

"So what's up Lucas?" Daniel says, while taking a seat at the round table.

"Yeah, is everything alright? You've seemed distant lately." Mark adds, while he too takes a seat right beside Daniel.

I'm hesitant to answer, I mean how do you tell you're two best friends, 'Oh well I'm mated to a vampire, she's dead and I need revenge, help me out?' Really is that anyway to sum that up.

"You can tell us anything Lucas, we won't judge you, you know that, and we're always here to help you out." Mark says with a smile.

I start to pace, I do this when I'm nervous.

"Well um...you remember that girl right?"

They nod in response,

"She was my mate.....and she's a....a vampire..."

Mark's jaw drops to the floor, not literally, and Daniel, he is expressionless.

"What else? There's more to this then what you're saying right Lucas?" Daniel says, still with that expressionless look.

"I could feel her emotions, but 3 weeks ago, she got scared and angry and she was panicking, then all of a sudden she was gone." I had to fight back the tears and the pain I felt in my throat.

"And let me guess, you want us to help you seek revenge or at least find her body? OH I'M SO IN!!! This is like a mission that only us 3 are capable of!" Daniel is no longer expressionless but excited after he comes to that realization.

"I don't know Lucas, she's a vampire, and vampires are strong. If she couldn't defeat her killer, how will we?" Mark said, with slight fear in his voice.

I just looked at him, "Really...Mark what are you gay or something?" I burst out laughing, but Daniel and Mark stay quiet.

"Okay usually you both laugh at that...k spill it."

Mark turns to Daniel for support, and he nods. "Well um, I found my mate....and it's a he..."

Now it's my turn to be surprised, "You never told me you were gay! Dude you're my best friend!"

He looks down at the table, "I didn't know till recently, till I met him."

I smiled, "Where is he? I want to me the lucky guy!"

Mark smiles,

"You already have, he's in this room, our wolves just recently clicked, about 4 weeks ago."

Now I'm confused,

"Well it defiantly isn't me....wait a minute....Daniel?" Double shocked!

Daniel blushes slightly,

"Yeah, I was surprised too, but I love him. And I'm obviously the male in this relationship! Don't you dare think I'm the bitch...no offense Mark."

Mark chuckles,

"Non-taken, I enjoy being on the bottom."

"OKAY! Ew! I'm not a homophobe, but to much detail! A little tmi please."

They both burst out laughing,

"Sorry Lucas! Mark get a hold of yourself" Daniel says as he laughs even harder.

"Anyways, boys, are you both in the avenge my mate?" They both become serious.

"I'm in Lucas, I've always got your back, Alpha." Daniel says with the highest respect.

"Me too! Lucas you are my Alpha and I'm here to help you!" Mark says, while he fist pumps the air.

"Alright, good!" I say with a smile, "because I have a lead, I met him in the bar."

It begins.

*****************************************

Hope you enjoyed the 3rd chapter :) vote and comment. Let me know what you think :3