The trap

Chapter 10

****Lucas****

There she was.....standing...right in front of me.......my mate...... I can't believe it.

"Layla.....shouldn't you be crossed over? Why are you here wandering and lost?" I asked

She chuckled, "Oh my love I am not lost. I am here for a reason, to find you."

"I miss you, even though we never got to spend time with each other I miss you." I said, fighting the tears once again.

"Oh my love, I have missed you also, I wish we could have touched...even just once..." She spoke kindly almost seductive like, as she walked closer to me.

I felt drawn to her, the need to hold her. I began to walk towards her, until Daniel screamed,

"LUCAS!!! Stop!!! That thing isn't your mate!!!!! It's a demon!!! Open your damn eyes to the truth!!! It's disguising itself for you!!!" He yelled with fear in his voice.

I turned my head to him, "what are you talking about?" I asked as I slowly turned my head back to my mate.

And when I finally looked at her...it wasn't her. My mates face began to deform, and become distraught. It turned sinister and evil.....and dark. It was a face of a demon. The creature lifted his head to the sky and screamed an ear piercing scream, making his mouth grow 5 times it's regular size. When the screaming stopped he crouched down and laughed,

"Puny human, you fell for my trap! You will be mine now! I will kill you." His voice was loud and evil.

"Umm Mark you're the smart one, make a call..." I said scared shitless.

"Hmm I don't know...RUN!!" We turned around and began to run to the car, we could hear the demons laughter behind us. As the car was coming into sight, the shaman Erich stepped in front of us.

"Ello boys, like me little scheme?" He chucked.

"What? What do you mean scheme!" I shouted losing my temper for the hundredth time.

"Well boys, ye see I had to make up a tincy wee lie....ye mate ain't here, as ye can tell. But I need ye and ye buddies here out of me way." He said with a sinister smile.

"Out of your way for what?" Mark asked sounding pissed.

"A strong and powerful werewolf want ye out of thee picture, I don't know his reason, I just like me the dough I'm getting." He chucked again.

"What about my mate?" I growled feeling my wolf wanting out.

"I know nothing of her, never even met her, me boss just had me spy on her."

"Did he kill her?" I asked feeling my claws extending.

"Not with his own hands of course, but I wouldn't know, anyways enough with the chit chat, time for yer life to end."

"Not going to happen shaman!" I said as I turned into my wolf, feeling my bones crack and shape into place, and in mere seconds I turned into my black wolf. Because I am from an Alpha family tree my wolf was much bigger then a modern werewolf or even a beta.

I jumped high in the air and landed on the shaman before he could call to his demon, and I began to rip him to shreds, tearing at him, making him suffer. I turned back into my human form, and Mark handed me a pair of shorts....what does he carry these around with him all the time? I knelt down beside Erich,

"Where is your boss?" I asked knowing he was still alive, shamans were hard to kill.

"He's....ugh....he's in the main werewolf districts....well....protected......" I punch him hard in the throat making him take his final breath and there he died, in a graveyard, how convenient.

I turned to Mark and Daniel, looking behind them for the demon. But the demon had vanished.

"Well that was interesting...we met a demon and got betrayed, all in 20 minutes of being here...." Daniel said sarcastically.

"What a day....alright I got a plan...we will stay at the hotel for the night then start making our way for the werewolf districts." I sighed, this just keeps getting more complicated.

"Okay well if we're done here, lets go eat." Mark said racing to the car, while myself and Daniel walked our way out.

I looked behind me and saw Layla again...but I knew it wasn't her, it was the same demon tricking me. The demon disguised as Layla put his arm up, indicating for me to stay with him....I flipped him the bird and kept on going.

I could hear her cries, she cried for me. I slammed the car door and sped off. It may have been a demon disguised as my Layla, but I know those cries will be in my nightmares.

I drove us to the nearest fast-food restaurant, which just happened to be McDonald's. I drove through the drive-threw and ordered 3 double Big Macs, 3 large fries and 3 large Cokes, paid, then drove back to the hotel.

We ate in our rooms. And when I had finished eating I finally fell asleep in my bed.

In my dream, I was in a beautiful meadow, I could hear the birds singing and the wind blowing, a nice summer breeze. I laid down in the warm sun loving the peace I felt here. But that all changed. All of a sudden the sky became dark and gray and the sun was gone. The birds stopped singing, and breeze turned to a strong and powerful wind, filled with anger. I heard my name,

"Lucas.....Lucas....help me....won't you help me my love? Oh Luuuucassss."

Who was that, calling my name....

"LUCAS!!!! Help me!!!!" I heard a loud scream, of pain and torture.

"LUCAS WHY WON'T YOU HELP ME!!??" The voice grew louder, I covered my ears,

"GO AWAY! You aren't real you're dead...you died." I closed my eyes and wished I would wake up, and when I opened them there she was.

Lying on the ground was Layla, bleeding out looking up at me, she mouthed, 'help me,' I ran to her.

I fell to my knees before her, "Layla, baby you'll be okay, it's okay, I'm here!" I pulled her to my lap. And she began screaming, I've heard this scream before.

Her screams turned into laughed.

"I've got you now!" Her voice changed demonic and deep. Before I knew it she was in front of me with her hands around my neck squeezing the life out of me.

Her face turned to the face of the demon. I began screaming and gasping for air.

Then I woke up, sitting straight up in my bed screaming like lunatic.

Mark and Daniel came rushing into my room,

"Are you okay!? What happened?" Daniel said running to my side. While Mark went to the left of me saying it would be okay.

Once I had calmed down, I said,

"It was just a bad dream....please just go....I need to think..." I said the words quietly and weak. And they left.

I will never sleep again, never. I will not allow nightmares to cause such pain. That demon will never trap me again.

*****************************************

Hope you enjoyed chapter 10, two plot twits in one chapter, gasp!

Lol vote and comment. :)