Ch.27

15/1/12

Micah as my lab partner...how do I explain this? It's quite frustrating, actually. I tried to fill out the form Mr. Henderson gave both the partners to work on together, but Micah snatched it from me and gave me a paper cut! I went to the nurse because it was really deep, and MICAH ACCOMPANIED me. He told me he was sorry that he hurt me. I didn't know what that meant. Was he sorry that he hurt me as in the paper cut, or was he sorry that he hurt me in general? I have no clue. Got to go, Grandma made dinner! Yum! Bye.

Falling into the book, Alex kept her eyes closed. She grasped her hands to her mouth, trying not to get sick. Rollercoasters made her throw up, and this was the same sensation. It almost reminded her of being carried by Puss in the bag. But Alex couldn't help but feel giddy. She had escaped from Lloyd! He wasn't going to find her now...unless he came in right after her.

With a loud thud, Alex stumbled to the ground and quickly opened her eyes. The vast surroundings made her eyes widen. She could recognize this from anywhere! It was somewhere in Kansas, also known as Tornado Alley. She was in the real world! She was back home! Alex was about to jump up and scream with joy when three bodies landed beside her.

Slowly, Alex turned around and gasped in shock. She stared at her brother, Bree, and Arthur. Was she dreaming? Alex quickly rubbed her eyes and looked back. Nope. They were still there. Alex flipped Bree's hair over her shoulder and lifted her eye lid.

"Ah!" Bree screamed, and Alex jumped up and scurried away, almost tripping over Conner as he rose.

"Sorry, sorry," Alex told her friend. "I thought you were dead."

Bree glared at her. "Of course I'm not," she said. "Now I'm in another fantasy world! How could this happen?"

Alex suddenly thought of something. "How did you find me?" she asked curiously. "Lloyd and Puss took me to into Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, not the Wizard of Oz."

"Wait, really?" Conner asked, bewildered. "That can't be. We never stopped; we just came here."

Alex sighed and brushed the thought off. It couldn't possibly be anything bigger than that, could it? She walked towards Arthur and helped him up. He smiled at her and they hugged without saying anything.

"Okay, okay," Bree started, "enough with all the sappy reunions. We need to find a way to get to the Wicked Witch of the West before Lloyd does. We need to convince her to get on our side, which might be tough because she's evil and everything."

Arthur scratched the back of his neck. "I don't know..." He said, doubt rising in his voice. "This isn't our fight to fight. Now that we have Alex, we can just go back to the Fairytale World and then go home."

Conner nodded, agreeing with Arthur, for once. "That's true," he stated. "It would be the mature thing to do...but I've never been much of a mature person. I say why not? Let's have an adventure, with no limits to hold us down."

Alex beamed. She was proud of her brother. It had seemed like so long since she could say that. She patted Conner's back with appreciation. "I agree," she replied. "Adventure is what people long for, and I have for years. This is our chance. Why waste it?"

That seemed to get everybody in a good mood. Before anybody could say anything, the door opened from the house nearby. A small girl with curly red hair and a cute little dress peeked out and her eyes widened when she saw the group.

"What are you four doing out there?" Dorothy questioned. "A tornado will be coming at any moment! You must get inside." She ushered them in.

Alex glanced at everybody, and they all shook their heads. They couldn't be on the same path as Dorothy when they were in Oz. The quartet must wait for the tornado to arrive and simply jump in.

Alex turned back to Dorothy. "No thanks," she said, which must have come to a shock to the little girl. "We can't. It's not safe in there."

"Whatever do you mean?" Dorothy cried, surprised that Alex would even say that. "This is the safest house for miles! Get inside or I will get Aunty Em!"

Alex tapped her foot impatiently. "For goodness' sake, I said no! I am very sorry to burst your bubble, but we cannot go inside your home. Go back inside before you get swept up by the tornado!"

That seemed to frighten Dorothy enough to usher back inside, slamming the door wildly behind her.

The tornado came just as soon as Dorothy went back inside her home. It swirled wildly in the wind, capturing everything in its path. It was giant, much bigger than the ones Alex got at home. She gulped, coming to her senses. They were going to jump into a tornado. On purpose. Was this really what it had come to have a sense of adventure?

"Are you sure we should do this?" Bree asked, glancing up at the huge tornado barrelling towards them. She clutched her sweater closer to her body and shivered.

Conner and Arthur looked to Alex. Alex looked back at her friends and then at the tornado. She sighed deeply. "Yes, we have to do this! If not, Lloyd will win whatever he's trying to do. I'm pretty sure I have a feeling, but I don't know."

"Okay, I guess so," Bree claimed.

Just as the tornado came towards them, there was a bright flash of light behind the quartet. Alex spun around to see seven familiar faces of the Fairy Authority Team. She gasped and tried to get a closer look, just as the tornado swallowed her whole.

A/N Hello there! I hope you like this chapter. Sorry for no update yesterday. At least there's one today, right? What do you guys think? Next update might be tomorrow or Wednesday. We still need to get everything sorted out. Bye :)