[39]: The Third Wheel

**Thank you @mokazi123 for my lovely cover**

 "Well you might as well meet everyone now you're here." I smile at Elliot as we reach my house after he'd picked me up from Lois's. The girls had insisted on 'serious catch up time'.

"Is everyone here?" he asks and I nod seeing both my parents and Fin's cars parked in the driveway, along with Charlie's whose was parked on the road just in front of where I was parked in Elliot's car.

"The only one who isn't here is Mason, and he's away at uni so you won't get to meet him until he graduates."

"Well they say to take the bull by the horns. Let's do this." He smiles getting out of the car.

"They're not that bad, trust me."

"How many boys have you brought home to meet them?"

"Does Ashton count?" I say laughing and he shakes his head at me.

I opened the door bringing Elliot with me as I heard everyone in the living room.

"You ready?" I ask shutting it behind us, taking our jackets off and dumping my designs and mannequin in the hallway.

"As I'll ever be."

I open the living room door and was greeted by two three year olds jumping out at us from behind the curtains.

"BOOOOO!" they screamed at us.

"Oh my gosh, you guys scared me." I say laughing bending down to hug my niece and nephew.

"Did we really scareded you auntie Lyd?" Alex asked and I nodded looking serious at him.

"You really did, my heart is beating so so fast, feel." I say smiling taking his hand and pressing it on my chest where my heart was before pressing Alice's there.

"Oh wow, that's super-duper fast." Alice grins before running away followed by Alex.

"Hey Lyd, how you doing?" Charlie asks hugging me as we make our way into the room.

We get the pleasantries out the way before my dad pipes up. "So Lydia, are you going to introduce the poor boy that's still stood in the doorway or do we have to guess who he is?"

"Oh sorry, everyone this is my boyfriend Elliot, Elliot this is my crazy family." I smile waving my arm over everyone before pointing out everyone individually.

"Err hi." He says lifting his hand up to wave.

I drag him over the couch and introduce him properly to my parents. I could see Fin and Christina smirking in the corner at the grilling his was getting off my dad and Charlie but Elliot seemed to be holding his own, which was good.

Fin nodded his head towards the door and I made my excuses for the bathroom before following him out into the hallway.

"So, what's with you bringing the boyfriend to meet the family?"

"I've been seeing him for a while now, figured it was time; and to stop dad bugging me every time I went on a date with him."

"Okay. But I meant with the whole Ash situation."

"I'm done with trying to get him to love me Fin, I thought last night we could have had something but today, he ruined his chances again."

"What happened last night...or don't I want to know?"

"Well to protect your brotherly ears, certain none PG things happened between us last night." His face scrunched up when I said that. "Anyway, I was hoping that they were going to be the start of something, as Ash just asked for some time to get his head around things. He wasn't used to thinking about me as anything more than his friend. So I was going to end it with Elliot and wait for him, but he screwed up by shoving his tongue down some girls' throat before I could do that. So instead I confessed to Ell that I had cheated on him but didn't mention it was with Ash."