[5]: A Smack In The Face From Reality

** Picture of Lois **

It may be Friday but my god has college dragged today, and it was only lunch time. Thankfully, I only have one class left after this but it's one of my favourites; Art and Design.

I quickly dump my sketch books in my locker before heading towards the diner to meet everyone. When Ash picked me up this morning; he said nothing about our kiss, so I didn't bother saying anything either. I'd been thinking a lot about Ash and I after my talk with Fin last night, and decided to leave my feelings hidden for a little longer. He was right; boys do catch on slower than us girls so if last night was Ash slowly showing me his feelings I'd see what came of it.

However; once again my fantasy seemed to kick my reality back into place. As I round the corner to walk into the diner I see Tina, the 'hot' new girl pressed up against the lockers with her tongue down my best friend's throat. Can't say that Ash doesn't go after what he wants, he said yesterday that he was going to try it on with her; and I guess she's single and not the shy type.

I can't even begin to try to describe the feeling that shooting thorough me right now. Watching the boy you're in love with kiss someone else, longing for that to be you. I quicken my pace to pass them, pretending not to notice and pretending that what I just saw, didn't break my heart.

I knew I shouldn't have listened to Fin, he got my hopes up slightly that maybe Ash did have feelings for me.

Nothing really took my fancy for lunch so I grab a bottle of water, pay and sit down next to Lois. The other girls were yet to turn up.

"Oh my god, did you just see Ashton with the new girl in the hallway." Some random girl on the next table says to her friend.

"Yes, she was all over him like a bloody rash. Who does she think she is? She's new here. She shouldn't get Ash right away it's not fair, she should have to wait her turn like the rest of us have been doing."

That comment I had to roll my eyes at, wait your turn, please. I've probably been waiting the longest out of everyone here to get noticed by Ash.

"Did you see that he was smiling at me yesterday afternoon in class?"

"Yea I saw and I heard he dumped Rachel at lunch."

"Yea he did, everyone saw it as well. And then he was flirting with me all afternoon. I thought he was going to ask me out today. But now I see he's hooking up with that Tina girl in the corridor."

I felt Lois elbow me as the girls carry on talking how unfair it was that it wasn't them hooking up with Ash.

"What?" I ask glancing at her.

"Did you hear what they just said?" She whispers and I nod.

"I saw Ash with her just now." I reply.

"But what about what happened between you two last night?"

"What about it?" I say humorously, shrugging my shoulders lightly and taking a sip of water. "Like I told you girls earlier, he said it meant nothing and I'm just going to have to accept that."

"What about what Fin said?" She asks picking at her pasta.

"He obviously was just trying to make me feel better; I'm just going to have to accept that we're just friends."

I feel someone tap my shoulder, glancing behind me I see the two girls that were just talking about Ash staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"You're Lyd right? Ashton's best friend." The red head asks me and I nod.

"Yea I am, why?"

"So you're like super close..." the other friend asks, and I nod again. "So can you help us? I mean you'll know what Ash looks for in a girlfriend right. Can you give us some pointers on what do to so he'll notice us?"