[11]: Dinner Disturbances

** Picture of Tina **

Dinner was meant to be served at six, but as always we were running behind when Ash and his family turned up. Ash's mum headed straight to the kitchen to help my mum finish everything up, as his dad went to help my dad set everyone's places. I grabbed Ash and his siblings pulling them into the living room where everyone else was waiting. Cayden went and sat next to Mason where they began chatting about university life and exams, and Paul and Dana, Ash's younger brother and sister, went and sat next to Christina on the sofa who was watching cartoons with my niece and nephew. Charlie was stood in the corner with Grace and Fin.

"Auntie Lyddd!" Alex shouted getting down off the sofa and running over to me, Alice following quickly behind.

I sat down next to Ash on the other sofa, he helped lift them both up onto our laps.

"Did your friends like your pictures on your poorly arm?" Alice asked and I nodded grinning at them.

"They did, but Ashton didn't." I whisper, but loud enough so he'd hear.

"But he's stupid anyway." Alex huffs and I laugh.

"I told you that the devil twins didn't like me." Ash whispered down my ear and I laughed again.

"Don't call Ash stupid Alex, apologise." Grace says to him sternly.

"Yes mummy. Sorry Ash." Alex says looking upset.

"It's okay buddy. How about we go see what toys nanna and granddad have to play with huh."

"Okay." He grinned wrapping his arms around his neck as Ash picked him up and headed over to the toy box under the window.

I was grinning like mad at him as he played lego with Alex; he was so good with kids; even if these two were more difficult with him. "Shall we go join them Ali?" I ask Alice and she nods grabbing my neck like Alex had with Ash. We played with the kids for about ten minutes, helping them make strange looking cars before we were all called to dinner.

"Finally, I'm starving." Fin moaned as we headed in.

"Amen to that." Paul agreed.

"Amens." Alex says nodding with them smiling, making us all chuckle at him.

Thank god that our dining room table extends I thought heading into the dining room; we sure needed it with how many of us were here. Everyone took a seat as my mum and Ash's brought in all the dishes for my mums famous beef dinner with all the trimmings. My mouth was watering just looking at the pile of roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings in front of me. I couldn't wait to demolish the lot.

Once our mums had their bums sat on their seats, we all tucked in. It was like a zoo in here, food was being passed around and over everyone until we all had what we wanted on our plates. We were all talking over one another, constantly laughing and everyone having a great time. I loved how close our families were, at times like these, we felt like one giant family, not two.

But just as dessert was being served there was a knock at the front door. Mason went to answer it as he was closest, then walked back in with a confused look on his face. There stood behind him was Tina.

I was stood in the doorway to the kitchen as she walked in; I was helping Fin and Paul take the empty dishes and plates into the kitchen then bringing the puddings in for everyone. Letting the mums rest for a change.

I actually think I heard my jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe the bitch had invited herself round after what I'd said to her at dinner today.

"Sorry for interrupting, I didn't realise you were all still eating." Tina says shyly, looking at the floor.