Allies

"I believe I'll make it through. I know it's hard to see at times like this, but I'm not giving in."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I followed Sayuri as she led me to our teammates with Mamoru cradled in my arms. I admit, I was still a little suspicious. Why would a random team, Leaf or not, help us? They dont even know us.

What if this is a trap?

I narrowed my eyes at Sayuri's back as we jumped through the trees but kept quiet. I wanted to see if she really was telling the truth or if my suspicions were right. But why would she heal me if she were setting me up?

"I can feel you glaring at me." Sayuri suddenly said, surprising me. She glanced over her shoulder at me with a smirk. "I assure you, you have nothing to worry about. I did just heal you and your cat, and I don't even like cats..." She mumbled the last part turning her head again.

"Mamoru is more than just a cat." I told the blue haired girl, annoyance in my tone.

She looked back at Mamoru in my arms before facing forward once more and leaping off another branch. "He looks like just a cat."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I didn't feel like arguing with another person about Mamoru being just a cat or not.

We continued the rest of the way in silence but it didn't bother me or seem to bother her. It gave me time to process the fact that we no longer had the Heaven scroll and had to figure something out soon. I sighed, thinking about what I'm gonna tell Haru when I get back. My eyes flickered back at Sayuri. Maybe it'd be best to tell Haru when they're not around.

Eventually, Sayuri jumped down from the trees and onto the ground. Obviously, I followed. It felt as if a weight lifted off my chest as soon as my eyes landed on a familiar snow haired teen and, as much as I despise him right now, Keiji. We do need him to even pass this exam.

Keiji was with another boy who had short orange hair with bangs falling on his forehead and red eyes. what caught my eye was the bow on his back strapped to him with a white cloth in contrast to his brown clothing. His Leaf headband was attached to the lower part of his strap that held his quiver.

Haru was with a girl that looked almost identical to the boy with orange hair and red eyes. Her hair was swept to the side and a short spikey ponytail. Her Leaf headband was tied under her breasts which I'm now noticing her and Sayuri's boobs were bigger than Sakura and Ino's.

Haru noticed us first, looking our way. No doubt sensing us approaching. They looked like they just got here not that long ago as well. He quickly jogged over to us, worry and relief mixed in his face. "Rinai, I'm glad to see you're alright."

"What happened?"

"We got separated and had to fight a team member from the Sand. It was an ambush." As Haru was talking, his eyes were darting all over my form as if he were looking for something. "The guy I fought, he said you'd be dead by the time they left..."

Sayuri snorted. "She almost was when I got to her."

Haru smiled at her. "Well I'm glad we ran into a real medic like you."

"Everything okay, Sayuri?" I heard a new voice say coming up to us. We all turned to see the boy with orange hair walking over to us.

Sayuri smiled widely at him and bobbed her head. "Yup. We're all good here. What about you and Azami?"