Funeral Party at the Mist

"Honey, don't act so surprised. Don't you realize that tonight is the night that you die?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How Zabuza swings his sword around with one hand like it weights nothing is a complete mystery to me. What I do know is that I couldn't constantly keep parrying back his sword with the bottom of my foot and let's not even get into using a kunai against him.

So, I opted for dodging his sword attacks and going in just after his sword had missed me. Zabuza charged at me after 7 minutes of my strategy was working and lifted his sword ready to swing it down on me, I jumped out of the way at just the last second and cocked back my arm about to send a punch to the back of his head. However, that plan was thrown off when Zabuza unexpectedly shot his leg out and kicked me in the stomach, sending me flying across the bridge. I skidded a few times before flipping back onto my feet. A millisecond later, Zabuza was at my neck- literally.

Zabuza had rushed me and had a death grip on my throat, also lifting me off the ground. "You know, girl, you and I aren't so different."

I clawed at his hand before he could crush my airways. "What are you talking about?"

"The Takeshi were good at what they did, all of them were exceptional shinobi." Zabuza chuckled, squeezing my throat tighter.

I struggled to breathe, feeling the little oxygen I had available slowly fading. "How would you know that?" I forced out between my teeth. How did he know any of that? How would he?

He suddenly laughed at me. "How pitiful! You know nothing of your own clan! Think about it, little girl, being a mercenary gets around quickly." As Zabuza began crushing my throat, I could hear Sakura crying and calling out Sasuke somewhere in the distance. I started wondering where Kakashi and Naruto was. Why was Sakura crying? What happened to Sasuke? Too many things ran through my mind at that moment. I activated my Jaakugan and focused on Zabuza, trying to make him feel this same suffocating sensation. However, he just laughed again, shutting his eyes. "I won't be falling for your and Kakashi's mind games again, girl." He told me as I started wheezing slightly for air.

Behind Zabuza, I could see something black run up then stop. With my Jaakugan, I could see a small amount of a chakra aura that I quickly recognized as Mamoru. Mamoru's tail lifted and bended towards us over his head. A bright blue flame appeared at the tip then it suddenly shot out at Zabuza. I wasn't sure if Zabuza choking me and cutting off my oxygen was giving me hallucinations or this was really happening. Either way, the small blue wisp-like flame flew towards Zabuza and I. Once it made contact with Zabuza's back, the small flame erupted and caused a blue explosion. The explosion made Zabuza and I fly further back, also forcing him to release me.

I skidded on my back a few times before I came to a stop. I forced myself to sit up as I coughed multiple times and sucked in all my lost oxygen. A moment later, Mamoru bounded over to me with a loud meow. I reached out a stroked his head in confusion and awe. "How the hell did you-" I cut myself off when I heard a, very angry may I add, yell. I looked up to see Zabuza dashing out of the smoke from the explosion and towards me. Just then, Kakashi jumped in front of his direction and kicked him away, engaging in battle again. "Thank you." I said to Mamoru, giving him another stroke before pushing myself to my feet.

I rushed over to Kakashi and Zabuza, withdrawing a kunai from my pouch. I don't know if this is a good idea... but I have to try. Kakashi and Zabuza were in a heated fight when Zabuza lifted his sword to swing at Kakashi again but I jumped over and kicked him in the head.