Cracked

Dedication to someawkwardkid cause you've been begging me for this chap for months, tis for you my guy.

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is more than a warning."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Running through the dark forest for less than five minutes, there was a distant scream ringing in the air making us all stop simultaneously.

"Already?" Haru commented, tilting his head to the sky.

Keiji immediately picked up Mamoru, who was in between him and I, and held him to his chest. "We're next!" Keiji whispered harshly.

Mamoru squirmed in Keiji's grasp for a moment before changing to his human form and pushed Keiji. "Get off of me, you fool!"

I sweatdropped at my team. "I can see this is gonna be a lovely five days." Haru nodded slowly, still looking at the sky. "I wanna finish this jawn as soon as possible so, can we get a move on?" I asked looking at Keiji and Mamoru who were intensely glaring at each other.

Mamoru did his hair flip before walking to me and standing at my side. Keiji seemed to pout, crossing his arms. I heard Haru sigh behind me. "Can you guys try to get along until we get out of here?"

Mamoru simply shrugged, as if to say "whatever" while Keiji let out a mushroom sigh. "The key word here is try."

"That's good enough for me." Haru smiled as we began to start walking back in the direction we were headed.

We were walking a good amount of time and I tried to act like I didn't notice Keiji and Mamoru sending each other dirty looks so I picked up my walking pace to walk in the front of the group. I don't feel like being in the middle of them two again if and when they go at each other. Mamoru is usually carefree and playful, if it didn't seem to bother me. But ever since that day when we were training and Keiji performed that jutsu, Mamoru's just always has a nasty attitude towards him... And vice versa. After walking longer, there was a sudden shake in the ground and an explosion off to the right. I guess it took Keiji by surprise and made him fall near a bush while the rest of us kept our balance.

"What was that...?" Mamoru asked warily, instantly becoming serious as he glanced around for anything nearby.

"We are in the middle of a test, so teams will be fighting each other for the scrolls to pass." Haru answered, raising one shoulder awkwardly. "We shouldn't get distracted by other people's battles."

Mamoru and I nodded in understanding. We couldn't get caught up in someone else's problem when we have our own to worry about. Just then, a girly scream pierced our ears from behind us.

I spun around, pretty annoyed cause I knew it was Keiji. He was scrambling to his feet and pointing in the direction of the bush.

I let out an aggravated sigh as I stomped over to him. "What the fuck's your problem now?"

"Th- wh- hu- sp- spee- wa- hee- haa- hoo- aiiiyaa!" He spluttered out still pointing, making a question mark appear above my head. I have no idea what gibberish he was trying to say so I just looked myself, smacking a low branch away with a slight snap as I did.

I made a flat face as I saw a tiny brown spider crawling on the dirt towards Keiji and I. Raising a brow at Keiji, I swiftly stomped on the spider. "There. Ya happy now? I swear, Keiji, you're such a little bi-"

"R-Rinai..." Keiji stuttered out again, making me turn to him fully with a hand on my hip.

"What?"

"I wasn't talking about that one!"