Always Been You...Liam

I hop out of the car taking my beautiful little girl out of the car, her bright blue eyes widening as she looked at the New York Giants stadium in front of us. Her light brown hair whipping me in the face as she turns to look at her surroundings. I smile at her the wind running through my long dark brown hair that was curled, my hazel eyes taking in Abella’s expression she was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Especially when Liam left me to go and do what he loves which is playing football, while I went to school to become a pharmacist. I had Abella when I was 19 years old, sure it was an accident but I wouldn’t change anything now being twenty three I need to settle down.

“Momma is this were Uncle Leroy works?” she asks her innocence showing through her wide eyes.

“Sure is baby girl,” I smile. I walk inside and see Leroy leaning against a door frame leading to the stadium. Abella’s eyes bright up from the sight of him and runs to his waiting arms.

“Hey Abella, you’ve grown!” he smiles picking her up and giving her a hug. I can’t help but not smile at them she loves her uncle so much he means the world to her.

“So no hug for me?” I ask walking up to them.

“Of course there’s a hug for my little sis!” he exclaims.

“How you been?” I ask.

“Alright, it’s just that it might be best if Abella and you shouldn’t be here Lani,” he sighs I know that sigh but I can’t just pick everything up and move.

“Why?” I ask.

“You won’t like it,” he mutters.

“It can’t be that bad,” I smile. But before he can say anything I hear the team coming, laughing and shouting. Great! Leroy mouths to me ‘Get ready,’ I look at him confused when I hear one voice I haven’t heard in years.

“Hey Lani!” Tony smiles giving me a bear hug, I smile.

“Hey Tony long time no see,” I laugh. He nods and smiles that’s when I feel a tug on my shirt. I look to see Abella, I go down to her level her blue eyes full of tears.

“What’s wrong baby girl?” I ask looking at her putting a strand of hair behind my ear. Her eyes are ready to burst from tears ready to come out.

“Momma look it! I hurted myself,” she says. I pout and look at her finger to see a little blood. I grab my bag and pull out a box of Band-Aids with Cinderella on it. I put one on over the cut, and I see her eyes light up as she sees the character.

“Better?” I smile she nods and I pick her up with me. I kiss her on the forehead. Abella sees the team and she puts her head in my hair until she sees Tony. She smiles at him and he smiles back Tony is also really close to her since Tony and my brother are such good friends.

“Hey little A,” he smiles. She smiles back showing off a toothy grin.

“Good,” she replies.

“That’s what I want to here, don’t tell your mom this but I go you lots of ice cream and candy so when you come over we can have that,” he winks at her, Abella’s eyes go wide from all the sugar he had mentioned.

“I’m right here!” I say faking hurt. That’s when I spot him; he looks the same, blond hair cut short and up in spikes and her eyes those sweet baby blues that I will always love. My ringtone starts playing Smile and I grab it quickly.

“Hello?” I say.

“Hello yes is this Miss Smith?” the person asks.

“This is she,” I chirp.

“Hi I’m Bailey from Woodruff Pharmacy, I’m so sorry I know that you’re off and all but Mr. Oliver’s pills aren’t here,” she rambles.

“Oh yeah the shipment won’t be in until tomorrow,” I say.

“Thank you so much Lani,” Bailey says with a sigh of relief. I hang up and put Abella down. Leroy clears his throat and I look up at him.

“Um, Lani I would like you to meet one of our newest team mates,” he smiles. Liam comes forward.

“Hi I’m Liam,” he smiles his charming smile that can take any girls breath away.

“Hi Lani and my daughter Abella,” I smile pointing to Abella who is in Tony’s arms as he swings her around as she giggles. Liam nods and goes back to where he was, Tony sets her down and she runs to me. She looks at Liam both of their beautiful blue eyes locked on the other trying to figure out why they look so similar. I take in a deep breath and blow it out slowly. Abella looks at me; I bend down to her level.

“Mommy, I’m hungry,” she whimpers patting her tummy, I can’t help but chuckle.                                         

“How about we go out for pizza?” I smile at her, Abella’s eyes go wide and she nods her head fiercely with excitement. I chuckle to myself; I look up at the team. “I’m taking it you guys want to come to?”

“Yeah,” they say in unison.

“How about I just order pizza?” I ask. They nod and walk back to the field. I take Abella and we go and take seats to watch them practice. I see that Liam is the Quarterback number 32, his last name on top. I watch as he throws the ball so gracefully making it right where he wants it to go. Just like high school I think. I go and grab the pizza and pay the guy the money for all of the boxes since we usually have to order like six because all of the guys are so picky. I grab a slice for me and Abella and sit down with her again. She opens her mouth and stuffs pizza in her mouth she chews and swallows the food picking up her juice box and taking a huge gulp. I always get asked why I named her Abella not just Bella. Well first of all Bella is so common I wanted something different something out there but pretty. Also Abella means child or my child in Assyrian, which I felt was kind of cool. But I love her name and it fits her perfectly. We sit there in silence watching them play before she falls asleep in my arms. That’s when I feel him. His smell, the heat from his body so close to mine, the way he breathes, I can even hear his heart beating that I used to fall asleep to. I look at him as he stares off into space, when he sighs a heavy sigh.

“So it looks like you have a family,” he says with a sigh. I nod.

“I guess,” I mutter stroking Abella’s hair.

“So who is the father?” he asks his voice coming out harsh and forceful like he forced himself to say it.

“You don’t want to know,” I mumble.

“But I do damn it!” he says anger in his voice. I look at the little angel in my arms as she sleeps so peacefully so inncocent to the world and all of it's evils. I take a deap breath and gulp.

"You," I whisper. He looks at me shocked.

"It can't be," he whispers.

"But it is," I reply.

AN: Pic of Lani -------------------------------------------------->