All Mine

On Thursday, before I left for work, Gavin begged me to stay home just in case something happened at work. All I did was kiss him goodbye and wished him luck on his test. I spent most of the day editing videos, and playing a couple rounds of Overwatch with Mica, Matt, Andy, Trevor and Larry.

Gavin kept checking up on me, texting me every couple hours, asking for an update. He was so cute sometimes, but other times, this shit drove me crazy. I just knew it was because he was so nervous. But he knew how utterly terrified I was, too.

When I got home, I wasn't greeted with any dogs. I pouted and walked into the kitchen to set my stuff down. I saw Michael, Lindsay and Gavin all playing with the dogs in the backyard. Well, just Michael and Gavin.

I walked in the backyard and everyone looked at me. The dogs came pelting towards me, but luckily Michael caught Monty right before he was about to jump on me. I got down on my knees and greeted the pups with kissed and belly rubs.

"Hi love!" Gavin chirped and I looked over at him, smiling. "I invited Michael and Lindsay over for some dinner." He said, standing up and walking over to Lindsay. "They brought a special guest." He chuckled. I stood up and waved at my friends.

"Are you cooking, or am I?" I asked. If Gavin expected me to cook, he was dead wrong and everyone was going to be disappointed.

"Nah, the boi and I are." Michael chimed in. I sighed in relief and nodded.

"Okay. Lindsay and I are gonna go upstairs and paint our nails or something." I laughed, causing her to laugh to. She shifted Iris to her side as she stood up. I opened the door and let the dogs run inside before I followed behind them. Our friends walked in and Gavin shut the door behind him. He gave me a quick peck and I beckoned Lindsay to come upstairs so I could change.

"You're about to pop, dude." Lindsay said as we sat on my bed.

"I feel like I'm about to pop." I groaned, holding my head. "I feel like shit all the time, I haven't slept well in almost a year, and I don't remember the last time I didn't have a nightmare." I rubbed my eyes, smearing my makeup. I attempted to sit up, but fell back into my laying position. "I guess this is where I stay." Lindsay and I giggled.

"I know you'll feel better once those fuckers are out. I felt so much better after Iris was born. Beside the occasional horrible pain in your hips and pelvis for the next couple weeks." She chuckled, setting Iris down on the bed and played with her hands.

"Oh joy. More pain." I rolled my eyes and looked at her. "What if they don't like me?" I finally voiced my doubt.

"What do you mean?" She raised an eyebrow at my words.

"What if when they're finally old enough to like comprehend certain things, they find out my past and don't like me for what I've done. What if they think I'm a horrible mother when my depressive episodes hit?" I looked away from my friend and looked up at the ceiling fan.

"I know I'm a new mother and all this junk is both fairly new to us, but I just want to say, I may not know where you came from, or who. No matter who, or where, or what you came from, I know you're going to be a good mother. You're nothing like you're biological mother, I haven't met her, but I don't need to know her to know she's a shitty person for giving up on someone like you. Your mother and father never saw the potential Geoff's parents saw in you. If it means anything to you, I know you and Gavin are going to be the best damn parents ever." She said, I didn't bother looking at her, because I knew looking at her, was going to make me start crying. "You have come such a long way from your youth. You're such an outgoing and beautiful person, Gabrielle. I honestly couldn't imagine Gavin with anyone else. You're perfect for each other. You couldn't have kids, you were told by a doctor. You have a shitty health history, but that never stopped you from doing what you both thought was impossible." I decided to finally look at her. She was staring down at Iris, who was staring at me. I smiled and she gave me a cute little smile back. "She likes you." Lindsay said.

"Good. She better like her aunt." I said, causing Lindsay and I both to laugh. "Thank you." I mumbled, looking back at the ceiling.

"For what?" She asked.

"Being there when I need it. I've been having a really rough time wrapping myself around this whole parenting thing. I just need to be a better parent than my parents were. All of them. I love my mom and dad, but I'm gonna be the best parent ever." I said, attempting to sit up again, causing Lindsay to giggle. She sat up and helped me sit up too. "Thanks." I mumbled again and she nodded. I smiled at her and she returned one back.

"You just gotta be there to support them in their success, their failures, and even when they get hurt. You just always have to be there for them. It's not fair to leave them when they need you the most. Even if you're annoyed with them." She said, picking Iris up.

"I'm excited to meet them. And excited to announce their Godparents." I said, smiling as I rested a hand on my stomach. One of them kicked and I winced slightly.

"Did you pick four, or just two?" She asked.

"Just two." I said, looking down at my belly.

"Can I ask who?" She poked.

"You can, but am I going to tell?" I said, looking at her. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"C'mon! I won't tell anyone!!" She pouted, giving me the whole puppy pouty face. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"No. They don't even know yet. It's a surprise to everyone but Gavin and I." I stated, looking back at my friend. She huffed and squinted at me. I shrugged and got up. I grabbed some sweatpants and changed into them quickly. "Pregnancy fucking sucks. Why did this happen to me." I whined and slumped back onto my bed.

"Cause Gavin and you weren't safe." She giggled and I groaned loudly.

"Shut UPP LINDSAY!" I moaned, throwing myself back onto my bed. "Fuck." I said, after realizing I was probably stuck there until forever. Lindsay laughed and looked over at me.

"You're really having the time of your life, aren't you?" She giggled.

"Bite my ass." I smacked her arm and tried getting up. I groaned and finally gave up as Lindsay watched me struggle for like 10 minutes, laughing at me the whole time. I expressed how much I hated her during that time.

I finally got up with the help of the dogs, coming to my aid. Iris seemed to really like Monty. She always smiled the biggest when he was around. He'd sniff her feet and it would make her giggle and make her cute little baby noises.

Oh god I couldn't wait till this was all mine.