Appendix

When I had awoken, Gavin was fast asleep. His hand was holding mine and his arms were crossed over each other, with his head in his arms. He was snoring softly and I slowly moved my hand away from his.

I stared at all the machinery around me, and everything stuck in me. My stomach hurt, but I was too scared to look. What if they accidentally killed the boys, and took them out of me. What if Dexter and Spencer had been dead for days and my body didn't know how to tell me. Everything scared me. My mind raced.

There was a soft knock at the door to pull me back to reality. The nurse who helped me when I first came in and smiled. She saw Gavin and wrote some stuff on the clipboard.

"Morning." She whispered, smiling at me softly. "So your surgery was a success. Everything went smoothly and the little ones are unharmed." She spoke, my mind finally eased and I sighed.

"What was it?" I asked.

"You were right. Your appendix burst. One of your little ones was putting too much pressure on it, and it popped under pressure. Nothing to worry about though. You'll be able to leave in 3 days, tops." Kathrine smiled at me, and walked out when I nodded a response.

My anxiety rocketed when I realized I had to stay two more nights in a hospital. I couldn't handle being hooked up to all this machinery. I could honestly have a panic attack at any moment, and it wouldn't be good for anyone involved. Instead, I closed my eyes and tuned out the soft beeping.

I heard Gavin wake up, and he grabbed my hand again, kissing it softly.

"I'll be back, love." His voice was hoarse. It didn't sound like he'd been crying, he just sounded tired. I kept my eyes shut and drifted off to sleep again.

--

There was another soft knock at my door, awakening me from my slumber. I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly.

"Hi Gabi!" Kathrine smiled at me. I smiled back and waved. "You need anything?" She asked, and I looked around the room.

"Do you know where my boyfriend is? The one who was with me when we first came to the hospital? He can't drive, he doesn't have his license so I'm just worried about him." I frowned, I squinted towards the door on the other side of the room, and saw he wasn't in the bathroom either.

"I believe he left with someone." Kathrine replied. I frowned and nodded.

"Okay, thank you. That's all I need." I faked a smile at her and she nodded. I hope Gavin left with Michael or Geoff to renew his visa so he could drive me home.

I sighed and saw my laptop was next to my bed, on the chair. I slowly and carefully grabbed it, opening it up. I sighed as I saw Gavin hadn't texted me and sat back. I fumbled with my fingers before I set my decision on finally getting in the Game of Thrones hype going on at work.

--

A couple hours later, after I was half way through season one, Kathrine walked in. She was talking to someone. And who she was talking to, her voice sounded oh too familiar. I furrowed my eyebrows when a familiar british accent followed.

"Gabi?" Kathrine spoke and popped her head behind the curtain. I looked up at her and she saw my expression. "You have visitors." She frowned and I crossed my arms, and nodded. She moved out of the way, and just as I had expected, Meg and Gavin walked into my sight.

I think Gavin could see how furious I was the second I saw Meg. But Meg and Gavin? Together???? While I'm sitting here????? PREGNANT????? WITH GAVINS FUCKING KIDS????????????

"Hi Gabi!" Meg smiled sweetly at me. I couldn't bring myself to be the bigger person. She stole him from me once. I won't let her do it again. I won't fucking let her touch him. The heart rate monitor began to speed up as my heart started beating faster with anger. Gavin's eyes went wide and he scrambled next to me. He reached for my hand and I pulled it away from him.

"What the fuck is she doing here?!" I glared at Gavin.

"Gabi, I'm really sorry that we had a bad past. I want to make it up to you." Meg spoke instead of Gavin.

"She took me to renew my visa so I could legally drive you home." Gavin whimpered at my side. I still glared at Gavin.

"Meg, will you excuse us?" I looked up at the red head and she nodded in understanding. She left with Kathrine and my eyes immediately locked with Gavin's. His eyes were the prettiest shade of green I'd ever seen on this boy. And this only happened when he knew he had upset me. "You couldn't have reached out to like, I don't know?! Michael? Lindsay?? GEOFF???" I barked at him. "Was it even your idea to renew your visa?!" I glared at him.

"No... it was meg's." Gavin looked down at his hands.

"So how did you expect us to get home without your license?!" I scolded him.

"I don't know. I thought maybe we could-" I stopped him.

"No. You didn't think. You don't think." I said, my heart rate had gone down, which was good, but i also meant Gavin was going to get the shit end of my
anger. "You drove me to the hospital and the only reason we didn't get caught was because it was 3 in the morning. Going back home, in broad daylight, won't be that easy. Sure you're an okay driver, but you get so anxious driving without a license that you're a shit driver. I love you Gavin, you really need to think before you say shit. And do shit. When Geoff finds out you were anywhere near Meg, he'll properly kill you." I frowned. "And I really don't need the father of my children to be dead." I chuckled.

"What Meg did was nice. And she wants to make amends with you." Gavin defended Meg.

"I don't care what she wants, I refuse to be near here, physically, mentally or emotionally. I don't like her, and I never will. And I don't want that thought in the back of my mind that someday you're not going to come home, because you've found comfort in Meg's arms. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I don't need that thought. I don't need any thoughts of you and Meg. I don't want Meg around." I stared into my boyfriends eyes, trying not to break. "No Meg. At all." I stated. I took my eyes off Gavin and looked back at my computer screen. Gavin nodded and got up, walking out of the room.

I heard the two of them talking and when the door opened, I heard Meg's sigh as she walked away. Gavin sat down beside my bed again, and stared out the window. I wanted to feel bad, but I didn't. I wanted to tell him it wasn't that big of a deal, but it was. To me, at least.

I've dealt with insecurity my whole life, I didn't need to battle it more with something I was certain on. I was more than certain about Gavin and I. And I didn't need more doubt clouding my head.