First Fight

Gavin and I went to England to tell his parents in person about our news. I knew it was technically unsafe for me to fly but I guess that doesn't count for someone who's only like 3 months pregnant. His mom knew I was pregnant from the second I walked in the door. She said I had the "pregnant glow." I found that funny because that's exactly what Lindsay and Barbara had said.

Gavin and I planned this trip so when we got back to the states, we'd be going back to the doctor to see how far our little ones have developed and see if we can get a gender out of them.

We were sitting in his parents living room when his mother came in.

"Gabi, what do you think you two are going to have?" She asked, sitting on the couch next to us. I giggled and shrugged.

"I'm not sure. We're not even sure if they're technically twins yet. Gavin's been going insane not knowing their genders." I laughed as he placed a hand on my thigh. He smiled, causing me to smile. "Quite truthfully, I'd like them to both be boys, or a boy and a girl at the least. I don't think Gavin and I could handle two girls, when we can hardly handle me." I laughed, causing him to laugh as well. His mom chuckled and his dad looked over at us.

"I think it's going to be a girl and a boy." She smiled.

"I hope so." I nodded, looking down at Gavin's hand. Seeing Gavin's hands on my body at any time always brought so much joy to me. Even when we are sleeping and he's not really touching me, but he's got some body part touching me. It's a securing feeling. I placed my hand on top of his and intertwined his fingers with mine as we watched TV.

"I kinda want them to be a boy and a girl too, but having two boys would be top!" Gavin chuckled, moving his gaze from the TV to look at me. He smiled his magnificent smile, and I flashed one back at him. He chuckled and kissed my shoulder.

"We check back to see if it actually is twins or not. We won't know the gender for another month." I chuckled, setting a hand on my already rapidly growing belly. I was scared that I'd start showing before I could actually talk to Geoff about it. I mean there was a definite bump there but I'd been hiding it fairly well with big baggy t-shirts.

Just when I was thinking about telling Geoff, I'd gotten a phone call from him. I stood up and excused myself as I walked into the den.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered, as my body filled with anxiety.

"Getting ready for bed, just wanted to check in on you." He said. I smiled slightly.

"I'm okay. What's going on?" I asked, chewing on my lip.

"Nothing?"

"You're acting weird." I mumbled.

"We have something to talk about when you get back. Goodnight Gabs." He chuckled and hung up. I sighed and walked back, sitting next to Gavin. He looked at me & smiled.

"Who was it?" He asked.

"Geoff. He said we needed to talk about something when we get home." I said, patting his knee.

"Uh oh..." Gavin frowned.

"What did you do?!" I gasped, my jaw dropping at him.

"Uhm, well I was on the phone with Michael last night while he was in the office before Geoff left again, and he had me on speaker & I was telling Michael about our appointments when we get back...." Gavin chewed on his lip, playing with his fingers.

"YOU IDIOT!" I smacked him upside the head. I stood up & excused us from the living room, taking him up to his room by his ear. I shut the door as soon as Gavin stepped inside. "I was supposed to fucking tell him! I can't believe you!" I screamed at Gavin. It's not something to be so pissed about, and I knew I shouldn't be screaming at him, but I've literally got two tiny humans growing inside me so my hormones are out of whack. "He's my fucking brother! My father doesn't even know! My parents don't even know!!!" I ran a hand through my hair, dragging my hands down my face and groaning. Gavin sat on his bed, taking it all in. "You're such a careless asshole sometimes! Why can't you just keep your fucking mouth shut! Jesus christ Gavin!!" I sighed, knowing I shouldn't have said that.

"I'm sorry, Gabi." He frowned. I knew he knew I didn't mean it. I was going through a lot. I hated yelling at him.

"No you're not!" I snapped.

"Well, I just don't understand why you can't be honest with Geoff in the first place! Sure he's on sabbatical, but he's not gone from your life, Gabi. Why can't you just tell him? Is it cause you're ashamed?" Gavin retorted. This was our first real fight in roughly two years.

"If I was ashamed I would've gotten an abortion, Gavin. Don't you put this on me! This isn't my fault!!" I sneered, pointing to my small bump. "Don't you dare say I'm fucking ashamed of this!" I shook my head. Gavin stood up, towering over me.

"Then why are you so scared of telling him! If Barbara knows, one of the biggest fucking loudmouths at this damn company, why can't your own fucking brother?!" He groaned, running a hand through his hair.

"Look, I'm trying to protect you from being fucking murdered by him. He almost had your head when he found out we were dating! It's not fair that you're turning this around on me!" I pouted.

"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED YELLING AT ME!" Gavin yelled at me. That was the first time he ever raised his voice. At anyone. Not even with Michael has he ever done that. I stared at him, shocked at his reaction. Gavin soon realized what he had done, and covered his mouth with his hands. "Gabi, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to yell at you, I'm so sorry." He began begging me. I stared at him and tears began to well up in my eyes. "Gabrielle, please don't cry. Oh my god." He grabbed my hands and pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around my small body.

I knew this pregnancy thing was terrifying to both of us. Not only terrifying, but tiring & stressful & we can't even handle our emotions normally & now Gavin is forced to take care of me and raging hormones. I knew the next 6 months were going to be incredibly rocky in our relationship if this was going to happen every time either of us were slightly annoyed with each other.

"Gabrielle, please talk to me." He begged into my hair. I stayed quiet as he held me. I really just hoped this wouldn't tear our relationship apart.