Ultrasound

Gavin woke me up with him thrashing around in bed. I rolled over to face him and I wrapped my arms around him tightly until his breathing slowed down, and his thrashing stopped. I groaned and rolled over, looking at my phone. My phone read 5 am.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep so I slowly made my way out of bed, and down to the kitchen. I chewed on my lip and began making breakfast while going over a video I edited last night. I finished breakfast when I got a call from Ryan.

"Hey Ry! It's pretty early, what's up?" I answered, rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"Morning! I was just wondering if you and Gavin could watch the kids today? Laurie got called in and I don't want to call out and our babysitter isn't available." He explained.

"Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. We just have our ultrasound at 9." I said, putting my food onto a plate.

"Okay, I'll watch them until you can." Ryan said, and we both agreed on a time and if I'd watch them here or there. Unfortunately, I was babysitting the Haywood spawns by myself tonight. Maisey and Gavin were both invited to a party, and as much as I would love to go and spend time with my friends, I don't think I would be able to stay long and Gavin respected that.

I heard soft foot steps down the staircase and then the pad of feet into the kitchen. Gavin kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arms around my rapidly growing belly.

"Good morning, my loves." He mumbled, sleep still heavy on his breath. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Good morning, I made breakfast." I said, pointing to the stove.

"Epic!" Gavin exclaimed, causing me to giggle.

"You ready?" I asked, looking over at him as he stuffed his face with the food I made.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He stuttered, shoving more food into his mouth. I giggled and shook my head.

"Ryan called and asked if I could watch the kids today." I said, finishing my portion of food and tossing it.

"What'd you say?" He asked.

"I said I would after 10. He knows about my ultrasound, so he'll watch them til we're done." I explained, cleaning up my mess on the stove.

"Want me to stay home then?" He asked.

"Don't feel obliged to! You not being here while I watch them will give me practice for when you leave & I can't come with." I stated, putting the rest of the eggs in the dogs bowls.

"I don't want you to be too overwhelmed." Gavin frowned, finishing his last few pieces of bacon.

"I'll be okay, if I get overwhelmed I'll call you. Or I'll invite Barbara over or something." I shrugged, looking up at him. "I don't want to ruin your night." I chuckled, walking over to him. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close. He kissed my forehead gently and looked up at me.

"I'll stay home." He mumbled.

"Gav, you know you don't have to." I said, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't mind. I want to spend time with my favorite gal." He chuckled. I smiled and nodded, finally giving in.

"Let's go get ready." I said, kissing his temple and walking up towards our room. Gavin tossed the rest of his food in the bin & raced up to our room.

We both changed, Gavin changed at lightening speed & I changed as fast as my rapidly growing belly allowed to me. I wore one of Gavin hoodies & a pair of material jeans, which were the ugliest, but most comfortable damn things. We got in my car and started driving to my doctor.

"Good morning you two!" Dr Macias greeted us, after waiting in the room for a while. "How's everything feeling?" She smiled up at me.

"Well, my hormones are crazy. I'm ready to rip Gavin's head off 78% of the time." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gavin roll his eyes. I shot him a dirty look & he looked down at his feet.

"Well, that's normal. Why don't you lay back, so we can find out what the little ones are gonna be." She smiled up from her clipboard at me. I nodded eagerly & obeyed her. I lifted my shirt up just past my belly.

She put the ultrasound goo on me and I shivered from how cold it was. We walked through the ultrasound until she stopped dead in her tracks. This worried Gavin and I both.

A giant smile crept across her face, Gavin and I were still incredibly nervous.

"It's two boys!"She smiled at me. I gasped and held a hand over my mouth because was pretty sure my jaw's gonna pop off. Gavin smiled widely and squeezed my hand. "Congratulations you two!" She smiled widely, pulling me up after wiping off my stomach.

"Thank you so much!" I hugged her, she hugged back and explained how the pregnancy would go from here.

I was excited, and terrified. I know I say that all the time but I've no words for the emotions running through my head.

Gavin and I got in my car and I looked over at him.

"I think we should tell the fans." I said, looking at the ultrasound pictures. You could hardly make out the two small faces.

"You think?" He asked, resting his hand on my thigh.

"If you're ready." I rested my hand on his. He nodded.

"Are you?" He asked, I hesitated before I nodded slightly. "What should we name them?" He asked.

"How about Dexter Morgan & Spencer Jason?" I asked. Gavin sat there for a while, chewing on his lip. He was thinking. He wanted this to be person.

"I think they're perfect. Plus they go with either last name." He stated, I sounded the names out together & smiled widely.

"Dexter & Spencer it is." I giggled. I grabbed my phone, quickly snapping a picture of our pictures & posting it on Instagram & Twitter with the caption.

'Meet the newest members of the Free-Ramsey household, Dexter Morgan and Spencer Jason.'

And with that post, my phone immediately was spammed with notifications. I sighed, and started driving off to Ryan's to pick up the Haywood spawns.

Eli ran straight into my arms and Ryan waved at me. I waved back.

"Auntie Gabi has something to tell you." Ryan chuckled, looking down at me. I looked down at Olivia and smiled.

"Uncle Gavin and I are having not one, but two babies." I smiled widely, watching their expressions change from all sorts of emotions.

"Where are dey coming from?" Eli asked. "Are they coming from your tummy?" He looked at me, with worried eyes.

"Yeah! They are, and they'll be here in about 6 months." I smiled widely at him.

"But won't they hurt you?" Olivia mumbled, chewing on her fingers.

"I guess, but it's worth the pain, yeah?" I chuckled. I stood up, picking up Eli and putting him on my hip.

"Thank you so much. I owe you everything." Ryan smiled at me.

"Bye bye daddy!!!" The two children called as I tucked them into their carseats Gavin set up moments before.