chapter 6

Chp 6

I'll go see Jade!

I entered the ward and as always everybody was so cheerful there. It puts a smile on my face, oh and there's Jade like always playing around with everyone.

“Jade, Hey Jade!” she looked my way and her eyes shined

“Jess!” she came running up to  me and hugged my waist, she's so tiny! I picked her up,

“Hey lil' Jade, how are you?”

“I'm fine  because you're here!” she is so cute! The other children were calling her again, so I put her down and let her go play, I told her bye and she kissed my cheek. When I was almost out of the ward a nurse called for me…

“You are Jade's cousin right?!” Jade's cousin?! What?...Oh right yeah Jade's cousin!

“Yes I am, is everything okay?”

“Umm Ms…”

“Ms.Burke, I'm Ms.Burke”

“Ms.Burke, Jade can't stay here anymore, her bruises are almost healed and we can't keep her here, I am trying to ask if you know a closer relative so they can take care of her…” What am I gonna say?!

“Um…not really, no I don't”

“Oh okay then, I guess the orphanage is the only option!” what did she say?! Orphanage? Oh hell no, Jade is not going into an orphanage!

“Can you give me some time, maybe I'll find a relative?” the nurse smiled and said,

“Sure…she has here till Saturday!” today is Thursday, so I have 2 days, that's good!

“Um okay, thank you.”

I have to do something for sure! I better go back up because Sam is gonna be here soon! When the lift door opened, I immediately saw Sam coming in from the hospital's main door.

“Sam!” he immediately looked at me and smiled. He came up to me

“Hey shorty” okay let's say I'm not tall!

“You came! I sincerely thought you forgot!”

“Forget?! I would never forget you!” said Sam while smiling.

I just smiled and said nothing.

“So how is Mike? Did he change his mind?” Sam asked.

“No he didn't change his mind and he is getting on my nerves!”

Mike is really getting on my nerves and he is just being immature, I just want the best thing for him and I know it's gonna be so hard with all it's effects but I  will always stand by him.

“Jess?! Jess, are you okay?” said Sam alarmed, oh I guess I zoned out!

“Yes Sam I'm fine, what where you saying?”

“Nothing…I just told you to give him some more time!”

Anyways, Sam knows so much about me and I just know his name and his phone number…

“Sam?”

“Yes?”

“Tell me something about yourself…I know nothing about you!”

“Haha, okay I'm Sam, I'm 18 years old and I play football (soccer)and I love pizza!” he said, oh yeah great now I know so much about him…note the sarcasm. I think he knows that I wanted to know more by the smile on his face!

“What do you wanna know Jess? Just ask!”

“Okay. Do you have any siblings?”

“Yes, I have a sister named Liz, she's 16 years old, like you!”

“Um okay, your hobbies, and do you work?”

“I love playing football, I already told you and I work at Pizza Hut, because I love pizza haha”

Damn his life is boring…I said to myself and he started laughing…oh shit! Did I say that out loud?!

“Yes you did and you did it again!” he said still laughing.

“Okay that's not funny!” I said getting redder by the second. And we just stayed there, man this is getting boring!

“Hey Jess let's play 20 questions!”

“Yeah, okay” let's hope this goes well and he doesn't ask about my parents.

“Okay, favourite colour?” he asked.

“Red, yours?”

“Green, I love green!”

“Okay now my turn, when's your birthday?” I asked.

“19th January, yours?” oh that's like in 3 months.

“Mine is 5th July!” I said, I don't like my birthday because my parents died in the night of 4th of July while coming from a party, so on my birthday.

“Okay c'mon Jess my turn, favourite movie?”

“Love actually has to be my favourite and yours?”

“It will sound cheesy but I love Mamma Mia, I love musicals!” he said and I couldn't stop laughing!

“Oh great, you're laughing at me!” said Sam disappointed.

“No, it's just I never heard a boy say that!”

“Yeah well I'm awesome that way!” he said, man he's funny!

~*~*~*~*~**~*~