chapter 2

Chapter 2

*After 4 hours*

My shift was over and I went back home there was no noise, I went into Mike's room and he was there sleeping soundly at least.

*Next morning*

I woke up to a gagging sound...I went in the toilet and there was Mike, vomiting again, like always I went to rub his back and I saw blood in the toilet again.

“that's it I'm taking you to the hospital” I said, hi told me to not to because he's fine but I didn't listen to hin. I got a bag with things we might need and went to get Mike.

“Mike, can you drive?” I'm 16 still so I don't have my license yes, he said that he can but he was swaying, almost fainting...I told him that he is not gonna drive for sure. We don't have any family, what am I gonna do?!

An idea came to my mind, Sam! Yes he would help me. I called him and he had a husky voice, oh god he was still asleep.

S: “Hey, is there anyone?...hello?”

J: “Um hey, Sam it's Jess, starbucks...remember?”

S: “Oh hey Jess, everything okay?”

J: “Um yes...sorry if I woke you, can I ask you a favour?”

S: “Sure tell me!”

J: “Can you get me and my brother to the hospital... because he is sick?”

S: “Of course I can, I will be there in 10, just send me the address by message”

J: “Okay cya, thanks”

I sent him the address and like he said after 10 minutes he was here...he was worried and he told me what's wrong and I explained. He took us to the hospital and when we arrived and entered I immediately explained what happened to the nurse and she took him for examinations and me and Sam stayed in the waiting room.

“Thank you, for brinnging us here” I told Sam. Sam just smiled and told me

“We are square now! You can't press charges”

“Haha Sam, not even if I wanted to I wouldn't press charges!” After that we said nothing..After about half an hour, Sam's phone rang and when he picked it up, the screaming started...It was Rachel.

R: “Where are you? Where did you go? You didn't even call !” Sam just rolled his eyes and put the phone down without even talking to her and he smiled at me.

*3 hours later*

Finally Mike came back out on a wheelchair, he was very pale...the nurse didn't have a pleasant look on her face and she wan't like she was before she entered. She told me, she wanted to talk to me alone in a room, she sat down and the doctor came in, he told me to sit down too! Oh god what was happening...Mike was taken into a hospital room and Sam was still in the waiting room.The doctor started saying a lot of things, that I didn't understand but then he told me

“I'm very sorry Ms.Burke but your brother is diagnosed with lung cancer” that's all I remember...then all black.

I woke up in the waiting room again with my head on someone's lap, I looked up and I saw Sam, I immediately got up and said sorry. He told me that it's okay and asked me how I felt. I told him I'm fine but asked what happened...then I remembered everything and I started crying. I couldn't believe it, I can't loose him too after my parents. I cant...Sam just hugged me and told me everything is gonna be fine. I just couldn't handle it! After an hour, there I was looking at the white wall and tears were just going down my face... Sam came infront of me and wiped my face and hugged me and told me that Mike wanted to see me. I got up and tried to find my strenght...After a little, I went in and there he was in the bed, ver pale and he was coughing. When he saw me, he smiled and told me to go sit on the bed near him, I started stroking his hair and smiled at him. He went into a coughing fit again and grabbed the bowl near him and vomited again...blood.

I wanted to ask if he was okay but I was afraid...then he told me

“It's okay you know, I know what I have, you don't have to hide it” And i just cried again, I tried not to but I couldn't. He just came and hugged me...I guess I fell asleep then,because I woke up the next morning, next to Mike in bed, he was sound asleep.

I went out and I was surprised by what I saw in the waiting room, Sam was still there, of course he was asleep. I went near him and sat down and I just stared at him...

“You know, I know you are staring!” I was shocked, he gave me a scare...

“You scared me Sam!”

 “Well you were staring...hmm”

“Okay you got me, sorry!”

“There is no need to be sorry, how's Mike?”

“He is sound asleep...thank you so much again for yesterday!”

“Don't mention it”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~