chapter 8

Chp 8

The light coming from the window woke me up, I looked at the clock 8:45am, OH SHIT! I'm gonna be late I still have to shower and do my hair!

9:00am

That was the fastest shower ever, my hair is ready! Okay I think I look decent, I better go out. When I went out I found Sam already there!

“Sam why didn't you knock? How long have you been here?” he smiled

“Well good morning to you too!”

“Okay okay sorry good morning, you didn't answer my question!”

“I just arrived, relax!” he lied right through his teeth, oh well!

“Off we go?” he asked

“No why don't we stay here and have a picnic in the car!” okay I was a little cold, it's just I'm not a morning person!

“Okay someone is cranky this morning!” he said and he started driving. We arrived at the hospital after 30 minutes and we started walking to Mike's room, when we arrived he was sitting on the bed watching t.v. Sam was the first to talk,

“Hey man, how are you?”

“Oh hey Sam, I feel great today!”

“That's good” I said, I tried not to sound disappointed, it's not that I am disappointed because he's good, not at all! But he still didn't change his mind! While I zoned out they started saying their life story…Ah men! I think I'll go visit Jade.

“Hey guys, I'm gonna go wonder a little okay? I'll be back soon!”

“You okay Jess?” asked Sam.

“Yeah just fine!” I replied with a nod and a smile.

I went to Wonderland and there was Jade playing like always, when I entered a nurse approached me

“Hey Ms.Burke!”

“Oh hey, everything okay?”

“Yes, I would like to talk to you about Jade.”

“Oh sure tell me!”

“Look we can't keep her here anymore and since you are her cousin we thought that maybe you could take full custody since you didn't find a closer relative, what do you think?” she said, what is she serious? I mean I'm still under age and I don't even know this girl!

“I'm still under age to take full custody, I think!” I can't have a child everyday with me at the hospital!

“If you want her, we can arrange something and if you don't we simply put her in an orphanage but we just wanted to ask!” put her in an orphanage? And if someone cruel adopts her and abuse her again?

“Can I have a day or 2 to think about it?”

“Sure you have till Monday!”

“Okay thanks” at least I have the weekend.

I stared at Jade, she's flawless, how could someone hurt her, ever? She really resembles someone but I can't put my finger on who! She looked my way and she came running to me.

“Jess!” she screamed.

“Hey Jade, you okay?”

“Yes I'm fine, I love your hair!”

“Haha, thanks Jade, I love yours too.” Yep she's random that way!

“Jade I have to go okay? But I will be back soon!” she made a little sad face but said

“Okay but don't forget me.” And her eyes became glassy like she was gonna cry, those eyes are so familiar but I don't know from where!

“Oh no honey don't cry, I will never forget you! Ever! I promise.”

“Okay I love you Jess” she kissed my cheek…awh she's so cute!

“I love you too Jade” I smiled at her and she went back to play and while going out all the nurses smiled at me! Oh this seems like a good day! I went back up to Mike's room and they were still there laughing.

“Hey boys I'm back!” they both looked in my direction and Sam smiled widely.

“Mike has some news to share!” said Sam.

“Yes Jess, I'm gonna take chemo therapy!” said Mike. What?! Did I hear right ?!

“Oh my god, I so love you!” and I showered him with kisses and hugs and they both laughed!

We stayed there till 4:00pm laughing and goofing off!

“Sam I think it's time to go!”

“Yep, let's go!” Mike was a little sad but I promised him that we will come again soon and he agreed and said bye. Sam took me home and we arrived really fast *sad face*.

“So Jess, pick you up at 8:00 tonight?” oh, he still remembers!

“Yeah cya!” and  I went in my house and started getting ready.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~