chapter 13

Chp 13

I was hearing people talking and fighting but I couldn't open my eyes, what was happening?! Then someone grabbed my hand and I felt some…water?! Hit my hand.

“Baby, please I need you to wake up, I can't handle this anymore and Mike needs you! Please baby wake up.” that was Sam and he was crying so I'm guessing that was the water.

Ugh I'm trying so hard but I can't open my eyes!

“Her eyes moved, I swear her eyes moved!” that was Nick, I think.

“What? What are you saying? Are you sure?” that was Liz.

“Baby come on, please try again!” and of course that was Sam. I took all my strength and tried again and finally my eyes opened! The light is so blinding and people started screaming and cheering and hugging me.

“Guys, guys give her some space, leave her. Hey baby how are you feeling?” said Sam. Umm I can't quite talk, I need some water, I started pointing to the water.

“Oh, you want water!” this was Liz. They gave me a glass of water.

“Okay now try to talk!” said Liz again.

“What happened?” yes I need to know everything, everybody had confused faces

“You-you don't remember?” asked Nick.

“All I remember is being in the cafeteria with you!” I told Nick, what happened?!

“Baby, you fainted when you were coming back up here but the doctor couldn't find what was wrong and you went into a coma!” that was Sam…what? coma?

“For how long?”

“Almost 2 weeks” 2 weeks?! What about Mike, did he take the chemo therapy and what about Jade is she still here?

“2 weeks?! And what about Mike? Did he take chemo?”

“Don't worry we helped him, yes he took the chemo and I think he's sleeping right now” said Sam.

“What about…Jade?”

“We reflected on it and just because I love you so much, Liz adopted her!” Sam said again.

“Oh my god, thank you, I love you too!” and I kissed him, okay that was the first I love you that I said to Sam!

“Can I see Mike please?” I asked

“Let me ask the nurse babe!” said Sam. After like 5 minutes he came back with a wheelchair.

“What am I supposed to do with that?”

“You are supposed to sit on it and I will wheel you to Mike's room.” he said with a laugh.

“Ugh, fine!” then Nick said

“It's good to have you back Jess, we missed you and your stupidity!”

“Are you saying that I'm stupid?!” I said and everybody laughed. Sam helped me get into the wheelchair and we went to Mike's room and like Sam said he was sleeping. I woke him up

“Hey there!” Mike woke up almost immediately, he hugged me and said

“Hey there sleepyhead, finally you woke up! How are you feeling?” asked Mike.

“I'm fine, just a little dizzy” I said.

“What? Are you gonna faint?!” always panicking Sam always! I just laughed.

“No Sam I'm not gonna faint, Mike how was chemo?” a sigh of relief came from Sam's mouth.

“Yeah it was a little painful because I was vomiting a lot but Liz helped me through it!” oh of course Liz helped him! I think he likes her too!

“Oh Liz helped you huh…”

“Are you mad?! I know you wanted to help me but you were in a coma and-“ Mike tried to explain.

“Hey it's okay, I'm happy that she helped you! And that you are fine!” his face broke into a wide smile again, yep he definitely likes her!

“Sam, where is Jade now?” he hesitated but then he said

“She's at our house with Ryan and Scott! They love her!” and he smiled.

“And what about Rachel? What did she say?” his face changed again.

“Well she-she doesn't know yet, yeah she doesn't know!” why is he being strange?

“Anyways enough about Jade, we have some news! Mike can go back home today!” said Sam again.

“And me? Can I go home?” his smile turned into a frown…ugh! I'm assuming I can't!

“No, you can't, not until tomorrow at least!” I made a sad face and Mike said

“Okay then I'm not going home either, I'm going to wait till tomorrow!”

“No, you can go Mike!” I said.

“And leave my sister here alone?! No thanks!” he smiled at me and gave me a hug.

“I think we should go back to your room and you should get some rest!” of course Sam has to be the party pooper!

“Nah…I think I'm fine here!” both Mike and Sam laughed.

“Nuh huh, you are going to bed, either you like it or not!” said Sam.

“Ugh fine, bye Mike, love you!”

“Love you too sis!” said Mike. Sam took me back to my room, Liz and Nick were sleeping, they must be exhausted. Sam put me on the bed and for the first time today I looked at his face clearly. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was all over the place.

“Sam, you look horrible!” I exclaimed!

“Gee, thanks babe!” I laughed.

“You know how much I love you!” he sat on the bed next to me and took me into his arms and ran his hand through my hair, although he looks horrible, he smells so good!

“Do you know how much you made me worry? I thought I lost you! I love you so much!” he kissed me and we had a romantic moment…okay not so romantic in the hospital but still!

“Sam, I love you and I am really enjoying this moment but I think you should go home, it's getting really late, you should take Liz and Nick too, they seem dead tired!” his smile turned into a frown but he agreed and gave me a kiss! He went to wake Nick up and when he shook him Nick said

“No, go away I don't have any money! Leave me alone!” and he woke up, haha he thought he was being robbed, Sam was dying with laughter and so was Liz!

“Bye baby, I will pick you up tomorrow! Love you!” said Sam.

“Yeah, love you too!” Liz and Nick smiled and waved and then they went away, I guess the only choice left is to go to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*