Chapter 4

Chp 4

Now what am I gonna do? I'm not talking to Mike, till he changes his mind! Sam is not here and this is just a lame hospital…ugh.

I went to wonder here and there and I came in front of Wonderland (a ward for children in the hospital) I entered and there was everything, even things that you wouldn't imagine to find in hospitals, there was little cut children…awh!

There was a girl who caught my eye, she was about 6 years old, she had black hair and deep blue eyes, she was the cutest thing ever! I went up to her

“Hey there little one, how are you?”

“Oh hey Ms…I'm fine today, thank you!”

“What's your name honey?”

“My name is Jade”

“Nice to meet you Jade, I'm Jess!” she smiled cutely.

“Okay, Jess why are you here? Are you sick?” she said.

“My brother is a little sick and why are you here?” I was curious about what this little girl has!

“The doctor told me that I'm special and I have to stay here for now!”

“Oh okay, look I have to go but I will see you later!”

“Okay bye!” she smiled and went back to play. I wonder what she has, I went up to the ward nurse,

“I'm sorry but that little girl there, Jade, why is she here?”

“I'm sorry but only family can know!” what am I gonna do?

“Yes, I'm her cousin.” Okay I know I lied but I need to know!

“Oh okay then, she was abused at home and she doesn't have a place to stay at, so while we are treating her bruises she can stay here for some time! And how come you don't know this if you're her cousin?!” she asked. Oh poor girl, how can anyone do that to her!

“I'm sorry, Ms…?” oh right the nurse!

“I'm not so close with her family anymore so they didn't tell me!” the nurse mumbled an okay and went away. I looked at Jade, she was playing so freely and she looked so happy and then she looked at me and waved, I smiled and waved back.

I didn't realise how time passed, almost 3 hours passed, I better go back upstairs, the nurses are so bubbly here, not like upstairs!  Anyways this lift is so damn slow…’bing', finally! When I got out I saw Sam crying in the waiting room and I immediately ran to him,

“What's wrong? Why are you crying? Is Mike okay? Tell me!”

“Oh my god Jess, you're okay!” he just kept hugging me…

“What are you saying Sam? Of course I'm okay!”

“I thought something bad happened, cause I came back 2 hours ago and you weren't here and the nurses said they didn't see you and you weren't picking up your phone!” said Sam, awh he's worring for me!

“No Sam I just went a little around the hospital and my phone died, without battery!” he hugged me again and said

“I'm just glad that you're okay!”

“Anyways, where did you go Sam?”

“I went at Rachel's house, she was getting hysterical!”

“Oh right you are supposed to be with your love, why are you here?” I told him.

“What are you saying Jess…Rachel is just a friend and I'm here to help you!” said Sam

“Oh yeah right, sure!”

“Jess stop it, she is just a friend and okay she likes me but I don't like her that way!” I didn't say anything after that!

“What?! you are not gonna talk now?” said Sam.

“No, okay I don't wanna talk anymore!” I said angry.

“Okay okay don't get mad!” ugh yes I'm mad at him but just because I like him and I can't tell him!

“Jess.” I look up and I see Mike coming out in a wheelchair…

“Jess, please talk to me!” he said

“What do you want me to tell you?”

“Jess you should be happy with my decision and not get mad!”

“How can I be happy Mike? How?! You have a chance to live and you are throwing it away!” he just looked down and said

“Don't start again Jess! It's my decision!”

“Don't worry Mike I won't tell you anything, Sam can you take me home please?” Sam nodded and Mike said,

“So you are gonna leave just like that?”

“I will be back tomorrow!” we entered Sam car.

 The car ride was silent just the radio playing some lame song! The car ride was a little long but after about 30 minutes we arrived, I said thanks to Sam and went in the flat. Everything was just like we left it, of course who do you want to come here, we have no one.

I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing, not talking to Mike but I don't want him to just die without a fight! I'm just gonna go take a hot shower and go to sleep!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*