Prologue

(general Marduc's Villa in Moresh, Capital City of Ashur)
"He's not my son!"

"He's not, dear one, but his mother died in childbirth. I only asked you to assisted me in caring for this child"

"How could you expected me, to raised a child of your affair with a street whore? Let him be raised by the servants, I won't touch such an abomination"

The man sigh, he knew his wife would refused to raised his bastard. It was only a moment of lust...The whore was so beautiful, anyone would be enchanted by her.

He could see that his son carries his whore mother's face... Even though the baby has his father's nose.

General Marduc sighed, knowing full well that he wouldn't be able to love this child...His first son was from a whore. What a joke the gods were pulling on him.

He put the child to the waiting arms of the nannies, telling them his name.

His name was Nein, meaning 'Crystal'.  Just like his mother's name, and the crystal necklace she have left for the child before her dying breath.

Little did the General knows, that one day, his bastard son is going to be remembered, not just in Ashur but also the entire world...

(A/N)  okay, I have to tell you guys, this story will get better as the chapter goes. Promise. Pinky promise. *kiss you all*

*ALERT: MAJOR FLAWED MAIN CHARACTERS, SUPER DRAMATIC FEELINGS AND STUFF*