Red Riding Hood Starts the Fire of Battle: Chapter 18

I know you guys have been wanting this, and its finally here! This might get a bit confusing on the layout of the underground lair, and if you guys can read my hand writing (or even want to attempt it) and want to see roughly drawn layout of the underground lair then I can get the picture to you. I am working on getting a digital/online mock up done now. You can email me at bellecliffauthor@gmail.com for the photo of the layout. I know this is rough as I just finished it at 1:26 am so please bear with it. Also I would like to mention that a week ago, January 23rd, 2015. I finally did the incredible thing of GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL! It took me five and a half years due to medical issues, but I finally did it and I am super relieved! Enjoy the new chapter my lovelies!

Vanessa sat down at the table with the other girls. Nobody else in the cafeteria could feel the atmosphere that surrounded them. The pent up energy surrounding the four girls was deafening, the girls kept looking around to make sure no one noticed them fidgeting in their seats. It had been three days of careful planning, which hallways to use and how to strike up the fire between Carmen and Elna. Everything was perfect.

“I still don’t see why we can’t get in trouble with you.” Gen asked.

“Because if it fails you guys are expendable, I would be tortured, but kept around as the only heir. I don’t want to lose you guys.”

“Just because we’re expendable doesn’t mean we can’t help Van.”

“Anika, I can’t keep you safe from inside the office and The Grand Master won’t do what we want her too if other people are there. I already have her so pissed off that if I miss out on an entire day she’ll flip off the handle and only want to punish me and not any body else who came in late.”

“You can’t just hide in the hallways without being spotted.”

“I can and I will, Viv, this is where my hair and these outfits come into advantage. I need the hallway under the fire escape because just past it is pitch black shadows.”

“Fine, but we are only agreeing because the bell is about to ring.” The pout did not look right on Gen’s face and I wished things could be different, just like they did, but we all knew this is how it had to be. I dumped the rest of my food into the bin and placed the tray on top before hurrying out of the cafeteria to find my new post for the day. I grabbed one of the knifes in my belt and started messing with the wall, carving random lines and squiggles into it until I started getting a design. Life was getting boring until I heard footsteps running about and looked at my watch.

“Wow, already two periods in?” I crouched down, bowing my head so all my hair fell over my face and watched the end of the hallway for any sign of someone coming down it. I could hear yelling, but no one turned to look my way. The third period was already over with lunch half way through. The girls finally made their way to the hallway and I was able to get some information from them.

“Hey Van. They’re looking everywhere for you.” Anika said, looking down at her tray.

“No really? I’ve just been crouching here watching people run races past me.”

“Well there’s no need to be rude about it.” Genevieve said, turning her head to stick her tongue out at me.

“Hey,” Vivian whisper yelled, hitting Gen’s arm, “we aren’t supposed to look at her, even if she is being a sour puss.”

“Well I am having to crouch here to keep from being seen. I’m lucky that all the training from the past few weeks has given me enough endurance to do this with my hands behind my back while crouching.”

“Don’t you at least sit when no one’s rushing past?” Genevieve asked, looking amazed at the thought that I had done it for a longer period of time then I actually had.