Red Riding Hood Goes Trick or Treating: Chapter 3

Okay so.....this should help ya through my rewrite.....I'm going to be spacing it out while I write so that I can post it automatically after I finish. It really sucked so I'm going to have to make sure I don't do anything before I exit out next time.......hopefully............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long to get to the McDonald's since they are the closest thing we have to neighbors. They live about half a block away in a actual area with more than two homes. All the way there I kept thinking of how to bring up the stolen necklace without Katy knowing.

Walking up the front porch I saw my saving grace which was a small haunted house which Katy immediately ran through since it said you had to get the candy. It had two entrances one for 7 and below and one for 8 and up. I guess they didn't want to scare the little kids too bad but they didn't want it to be to boring for the older kids.

I decided to go through the big kids one looking for a scare. The first thing that happened was I felt my foot push something down. When I lifted my foot a big hairy spider dropped down from the ceiling and sprang back up just as fast. Not scary.

I went in farther and could smell blood. Nice affect. Soon after I stepped in something sticky. Looking down I saw the offensive liquid obviously passing itself off as blood. It would trick normal people but since I live for haunted houses I know they use chocolate syrup. I dipped my finger in it and sniffed confirming the chocolate theory.

Some teenagers were walking around the corner and saw the 'blood' that was in the floor and dripping from my finger. Realizing it was a perfect opportunity I put the finger in my mouth and enjoyed the syrup's gooeyness running down my throat. The girl screamed and the boy laughed. She ran past me and he stopped for a moment.

"Nice eating the syrup to scare us."

"Fellow horror enthusiast?"

"Definitely. If you hadn't done it I probably would have to freak Crystal out myself. She was getting way to clingy."

"Glad I got rid of her for you...?"

"James. You'll find out more about me later I'm sure."

"Oh you're one of those everyone should know everything about me people? Well that's disappointing. I'm Vanessa. Later."

"I'm not like that. I thought you knew. This fell out of your pocket so I just thought...you know what never mind." He grabbed my hand and placed the wolf necklace in my hand. I hadn't even known that dropped. "I'll find you at lunch sometime and we can maybe start on a clean slate."

"Yeah I think I need it."

"You don't, you just need to find out first." He started to walk away from me before my brain could process his words.

"What do I need to know, James?"

"You'll find out. You're in too deep now not too." He never turned around, but continued walking away. Now I'm more confused than ever. How could a ordinary necklace put you into something so deeply when you don't even know what that something is?

I continued walking through the Haunted house only half focusing now. There was a classical werewolf eating a human corpse but and a vampire drinking blood display as well. Then came the real horror at the end. Mr. McDonald was on a table and he had a friend I guess play the mad scientist. He had his throat cut, head halfway open and the scientist was just now starting to cut into his belly.

I exited the Haunted House and found Mrs. McDonald about ten feet away from the exit surrounded by kids and went to wait to talk to her until the rush calmed down.