Red Riding Hood is the New Luna: Chapter 5

“Vanessa Fence. The Luna is Vanessa Fence.” He said. I don’t think my eyes could widen or bulge out anymore than they had at those words.

“I’m the Luna.”

“Yes. That necklace proves it.”

“Okay. So that would make you…would make you the…the…” I just couldn’t spit it out.

“Alpha? Yes. I am the Alpha of The Moonlight Forest Pack.”

Okay so lets see. First I get hit with the news that Werewolves are real. Then I get hit again with the fact that my hated enemy is one of them. Then I think its a dream to find out it wasn’t. Then I find out I’m his Mate.

God I kept going over everything I’ve ever learned about Werewolves in the books I’ve read and I could only come up with that solution. And Caleb confirmed it for me. When our hands touched…I swear with the electricity going through me that if anyone had touched me I would have killed them. But I didn’t take my hand away at the first touch.

When we kissed I could have sworn our lips were on fire, and I don’t even want to think about what I was thinking. He didn’t let it last long and I was grateful. It felt like how everything should when you kiss someone you love but there were two things that felt off about it. The first was how can my first kiss be like that with someone I barely know? And the second was how could my first kiss be stolen by the person I have hated most since Kindergarten?

The biggest blow I have to say is learning he was Alpha and I was Luna. This kind of thing really only happens in my books.

“Are you alright Vanessa?”

“I’m still not sure this is real.”

“I could mark you as mine. That way when you wake up, from this day on, you will know you’re mine and that none of this was a dream. I could do that if you want.”

“Doesn’t that involve the mating process Caleb?”

“Not until you’re ready. I just have to bite your shoulder.”

“I think I just need time Caleb. I’m also very tired and I’m not sure I’ll remember all of this when I wake up. I don’t want to forget and then wonder why I have a bite mark.” I sat down on my bed and laid down against my pillows.

“You can have time Vanessa. I will ease you into all of this again tomorrow. I would sleep here with you but I don’t think that would be a good thing either.”

“Yeah and my Grand-mama is the one who wakes me up in the morning.”

“Okay then. I will see you tomorrow. Where will you be?”

“I’m going to the movies with Sam. Since my Birthdays on a Holiday we always go the day after to celebrate.” I could feel myself falling into the realm of dreams as I spoke. I yawned as Caleb pulled the covers over me.

“Okay I think I will surprise a forgetful you tomorrow at the movies.”

“Okay. Night Caleb.” I said almost asleep. The only reason I know he kissed me is the shocks I felt on my forehead.

“Good night my Luna.”

“Good Morning Vanessa!” My Grand-mama yelled.

“Morning Grand-mama. You can go wake up Katy.” I crawled out of bed to find myself still in my Red Riding Hood costume. I looked at the crushed velvet and found something off. Black fur.

“Hey Nymeria?” She crawled over to my side. “Is this your fur?” She shook her head telling me no. I thought it over and stared at my reflection in the mirror in case I could see anything else off about me other than I slept in my costume. I got up to the necklace around my neck and suddenly it all came back to me.