Chapter 2

We had been living in London for almost three weeks and Harry and I had gotten close. So close in fact that we had spent almost every day together and my mum and dad thought that I was seeing him romantically. I reassured them plenty of times that we were only friends, though they still thought we had gotten too close too fast to be “just friends.”

Today was the day I was going to meet the friends he was with at the bakery that day and I was a bit nervous. “Why are you worried? They’ll love you,” He said sweetly as we stood in the kitchen in his flat.

“But what if they don’t?” I asked with wide eyes.

“Then you and I can’t be friends anymore,” he said with a frown, that turned into a teasing smile.

“Harry!” I shoved him as we both laughed.

~

We rang the doorbell to a flat and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. The door swung open to a very energetic brunette, “Hi! You must be Natalie, I’m Eleanor,” she squeezed me tightly in a hug. “Come in, come in,” she waved at us.

We walked in and saw a few other guys and a couple girls on the couches.

“Hey lads. This is my friend Natalie.”

I waved as everyone said “Hi”, “Hello”, and “Nice to meet you.” Then Harry pointed and named all of them. He plopped down on the couch next to Louis saying, “Make yourself comfortable.”

I sat in a chair opposite him and soon I fell into talking, laughing, and joking with the group as if I had been a part of it since the beginning.

~

Sometime later we said our good-byes and headed for the car. “See I told you they would like you,” he said grinning widely. I smiled back and rolled my eyes as he held my door open for me like a gentleman.

I shivered as he got in the car. “Chilly?”

“Slightly.” We both reached for the heat at the same time and his hand grazed mine. This time my shiver had nothing to do with the temperature of my body and I flinched at the feeling.

“You alright?” he asked, sounding concerned.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I said unsure myself. That was the first time I ever felt something for Harry. I buried it inside, not fully understanding it myself.