Chapter 7

I arrived at the restaurant and was shown to the table where Harry was waiting for me. “Haz!” I cried excitedly, as he stood up to hug me.

“Natalie, you look amazing,” he said as held out my chair for me.

“Thanks. I’ve missed you. How have you been?”

“I’ve been good; the lads and I have been working on some new stuff and they’ve missed seeing you around too,” he said with an assured not.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah; we found Liam roaming the studio the other day mumbling your name,” he grinned cheekily.

“Are you serious?” I gave him an incredulous look.

“No, I’m only kidding, but they have been asking when they are going to see you again…” it was a statement but he trailed off as if he were asking.

“Soon,” I hoped.

“I hope so…. Are you drinking with me tonight or does that guy-” he said sourly- “not allow you to?” he cocked an eyebrow at me.

“Oh, please, he doesn’t control me,” I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled, “And where exactly does he think you are tonight?” His tone was sarcastic; I rolled my eyes and shot him an annoyed look. “So what sounds good then wine, beer, Champagne?”

“Champagne sounds lovely.”

He nodded and called the waiter over ordering some fancy bottle as well as our food. I tried to sip slowly after the champagne was at our table as we caught up. However by the time our food arrived I was pouring my third glass. “Natalie, slow down,” he said with a big grin.

“Shut up, Haz,” I slurred with a playful grin.

We ate in relative silence making some small talk here and there, but mainly enjoying the quiet.

I was getting a bit overheated as I finished my food.  “It’s a bit warm in here wouldn’t you say?”

He looked up at me and quirked an eyebrow motioning as he said, “Then take off your sweater.”

“Right,” I replied as if I hadn’t thought of that. I started to pull it from my body, removing it from my arms, not remembering why I hadn’t taken it off yet until I heard a noise of shock mixed with a hint of anger from Harry.

“What happened?” he growled.

“I… um… it-it’s nothing, Haz,” I stuttered quickly pulling my sweater back on.

“Those aren’t nothing Natalie,” he scolded. “Those don’t just happen. Did… Chad do that to you?” he asked, anger flooding his features.

“No Haz,” I bit through the blatant lie. “I’m fine, just let it.”

He reluctantly agreed after some convincing and stopped asking me questions about it. We relaxed after that and had a good time.

I had lost count after my fifth glass of Champagne, which is why Harry took my keys. He put me in a cab and gave the driver Chad’s address, hugging me and telling me to call if I needed anything. He would have taken me, but he knows Chad doesn’t like him and he doesn’t want Chad to be pissed at me.

I got home and stumbled into the kitchen. “Babe, is that you?” Chad appeared from around the corner. He let out a laugh, “Did you have fun?”

“Ah, yes it was just like old times.”

“Old times?” His tone was questioning and he had a confused look on his face.

“Yes, things didn’t skip a beat with Harry,” the words tumbled out before I could stop them.