Eleven

Song: Kiss and Make Up- Dua lipa & BLACKPINK

"Alright, I'll start, since I'm the host of this lovely event." Chase smirked as he placed the bottle in the middle of the circle, glancing around. With a flick, the bottle started spinning, and everyone watched as it spun and spun, until it slowed down, and came to a complete stop right in front of Dixie. Chase's smirk grew bigger as he crawled across the circle toward her, and Dixie rolled her eyes before kissing him. Across from me, I could see Zach glaring at Chase in a so not subtle way, while Bailey sat beside him, a smirk on her face as she watched. Aleck chuckled beside me, and we all watched as Chase pulled away from Dixie, winking at Zach. If looks could kill, Chase would've been six feet under.

Dixie grabbed the bottle and spun it. As it slowed to a stop, Dixie's face paled completely at who it stopped in front of.

"Well, well, Zachary. Looks like it's your turn." Chase teased, and Zach punched him in the arm before he huffed, moving towards Dixie. She looked away from him, her fingers playing with the hem of her shirt as she always did when she was afraid, while Bailey glared at the both of them.

"This is golden." Aleck whispered beside me, snickering, and I smacked his chest, glaring. He shrugged at me as he smirked.

"Come on, Dixie. Get this over with." Zach grumbled as he moved closer to her, and she hesitated before grabbing his shirt and smashing her lips against his. Every single jaw in that circle dropped, and as they kissed, Bailey stood, storming away from the circle. Aleck and Landon cheered him on, while Zach's hand gripped her waist, something only I witnessed since I was closest to her.

When they pulled away, Dixie pushed his chest, glaring at him. Zach stared at her before glancing behind him to see Bailey had left, and then he sighed, standing up to find her. We watched as he disappeared into another room, and then Dixie ran away from the circle as well.

"Well, damn. If I knew that would've cleared the room, I wouldn't have started the game." Chase sighed before he glanced at Aleck. "Guess that means it's your turn, dude."

Aleck grabbed the bottle, smirking as he spun it. To our luck, the bottle landed on me, and he gladly leaned over, pressing a passionate kiss against my lips. When we pulled away, I smiled, grabbing the bottle and spinning it.

But luck was never in my fate.

The bottle slowed to a stop in front of Landon, and the whole room grew silent. Tension grew between Aleck, Landon, and I, considering we were all sitting beside each other, and I hesitated before facing Landon. He couldn't look me in the eye, and I felt kind of bad. But then he looked at me, and suddenly, it was just the two of us in the room. Determined to get it over with, I pressed my lips against Landon's, and his hands cupped my face. We pulled apart and took shaky, shallow breaths. Landon held my head in his hands and pulled me into a fiery and passionate kiss. After a couple seconds, we pulled away, and neither of us could look away. My stomach was fluttering, and my mind was spinning. I had never felt the feeling I felt then before. It was new, and it was foreign. I didn't know to do about it. When I finally broke our eye contact, I glanced behind me to see Aleck had left. Standing, I ran through the house to find him, and I really thought he had left until I found him downstairs, sitting on the back porch.

"Aleck..."

"Go away, Kara. I'm not in the mood."

I sighed, sitting beside him. He wouldn't look at me, and his body was tense. "Aleck, it was just a kiss. We were playing spin the bottle, for goodness sake. It wasn't like it was impossible for it to land on him."

"Dammit, I know that." His eyes finally met mine. "It's the way you kissed him. I don't think you've ever kissed me like that."

"You're joking, right? I love you, Aleck. He's just my friend."

Aleck shook his head, bitterly laughing. "I don't give a damn, Kara. That wasn't a normal kiss and we both know it."

"Aleck, please..."

He stood, looking away from me. I stood as well, attempting to make him look me in the eye, but he wouldn't. I didn't understand why he was so mad. It was just a kiss, and it was just a game. I didn't have feelings for Landon. I didn't even care that much about the kiss.

Except the feelings in my stomach told me otherwise.

"I just need some space. We'll talk later." He began to walk away, but I grabbed his arm, making him look at me. Aleck stared at me for a second before he crashed his lips into mine, his hand tangling in my hair. I held onto his arms as he kissed me, and when we pulled away, we both were breathing heavily. He looked at me again before he sighed, his eyes leaving mine. "I have to go, Kara. But remember that kiss when you think about Landon's, and remember who you really love."

With that, Aleck disappeared through the house, and then I watched as his car pulled out of the driveway.

As I walked back into the house, I saw Landon standing in the kitchen with Chase and Drew, laughing about something one of them said. I took in his appearance. That night, Landon was clad in a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket. His hair was messily tousled as it always was, and his jawline was layered with light stubble. I watched as his eyes crinkled when he laughed, and the way his smile stretched across his face. That night, I felt something shift between Landon and I. There were feelings I felt inside that I had never felt before, and I didn't know how to handle them. A part of me was afraid of those feelings, but another part of me was curious as to what they were about. Landon would always be my friend and nothing more. That was how I wanted it.

But after that kiss, I saw him with new eyes. He was no longer the good guy Landon, but he was something new. Someone I was excited to know. Someone who's confidence shined just as bright as his smile, and I found myself feeling different because of it. God only knew what that could have meant.

*************************************************
Hi, loves!

I'm sorry it took me a while to update this again. I started a winter class and it took up the majority of my time. I really want to write and update my books more often :(

What do y'all think of this chapter?

Please vote, comment, and share!

Thank you for reading!

Much love,

-Abby