Seven

Song: Love and War- Yellow Claw

The next day, the group decided to meet at our spot in the town square. We met there when Aleck felt the need for a meeting, or if we were going out for the day, and for once, I had no idea why we were meeting. Usually, Aleck would tell me his plans ahead of time, but since our semi fight about Landon, he hadn't talked to me. And since my fight with Landon, he hadn't talk to me either.

I had a knack for ruining things.

So, I dressed in my black jeans, a navy blue v-neck, and my black combat boots, and then I threw my hair into a loose pony tail and made my way towards the town square. When I arrived, the boys were already there, and Bailey was there was well. Just as I sat down, Landon walked up, clad in a black v-neck and leather jacket, paired with denim jeans and converses. He glanced at me once, but then he sat down beside Drew, who offered him a cigarette, which he accepted. My jaw dropped, and I stared in shock as he easily took a drag, his eyes never meeting mine again. Drew smirked at me, and then patted Landon's shoulder. I assumed those two had been in cahoots recently, especially since Landon could smoke without coughing drastically like I did the first time I tried one.

As we waited for Dixie to arrive, Aleck sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I remained stiff, and he sighed as he pecked my temple. "Kara, baby... I'm sorry. I should have listened to you."

"It's fine, Aleck." I muttered, looking away from him. "It's not like I can force you to accept him."

"I'm trying my best, babe." He whispered, pulling me closer. "Which is why I'm taking him on our guys day, while you and the girls have a day."

My eyes snapped to Aleck's, and he shot me a soft smile. "You are?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I figured he deserves a chance to at least prove he's worthy of us. I'm starting to accept him a little more, especially since Drew spent a couple days with him."

"I don't know what to say..." I mumbled, smiling up at him, and he chuckled, pecking his lips.

"You don't have to say anything at all, baby. You were right, and I was just stubborn." His fingers skimmed my cheek. "Plus, I couldn't stand you being mad at me."

I smiled brightly at him, pulling him in for a gentle, passionate kiss. When we pulled away, I laid my head on his shoulder. "I love you."

Aleck smiled. "I love you too, Kara."

Just as we pulled away, Dixie walked up, her brows furrowed in anger. When I looked at Zack, I realized they either got into another fight, or Dixie was still ignoring him. Dixie was my best friend, and it killed me when she was like that. Everyone knew she loved Zack more than anything in the world, and no matter how many times they both tried to deny it, they were better together than they were apart.

But, Dixie had a way of proving a point. She knew it made Zack livid when she dressed certain ways, because the guys always had their eyes glued on Dixie. Zack hated the looks guys sent her way, so we all knew whenever Dixie wore outfits such as the outfit she wore to the meeting that day-- a very short denim skirt and a revealing blouse-- she was trying to speak her mind to Zack without uttering a single word. And it worked like a charm. Every. Single. Time.

"Let's get this stupid meeting on." She hissed, glaring at Aleck. "I have places to be, people to see."

Drew stood, glaring back at his sister. "Not in that outfit you don't."

Dixie's eyes snapped to Drew, and she took a step closer to him. Drew was very scared of his sister, but he didn't dare sit back down. "Last time I checked, dearest brother, I am almost nineteen years old. Therefore, I can wear whatever I want, whenever I want, without the opinion of you."