Six

Song: People- Agust D

The next morning, I was blinded by the sunlight peeking through Aleck's navy blue curtains, and with a groan, I threw my arm over my eyes, attempting to calm the throbbing of my head. Aleck's arm tightened around me, and he snuggled his face back into the crook of my neck.

"It amazes me how good you always smell." He rasped, pressing a feathery kiss against my neck, and I shivered as I ran my hand through his soft, dark hair.

"It amazes me how warm you are." I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You're like a giant teddy bear."

He looked up at me through his long eyelashes. "Wrong. I'm a hot teddy bear, and I'm all yours, Kara Bell."

Aleck pressed his lips against mine for a sweet and slow kiss, his arms snaking around my waist and pulling me tightly against him. I ran my fingers through his hair, tugging on it, and he groaned into my mouth, his arms tightening around me. When we pulled away, he smiled at me before he laid on his back, pulling me onto him. We laid in silence for a couple minutes, and then Aleck sighed, his thumb rubbing small circles in my shoulder.

"Kara, you know I'd do anything to make you happy," He started, biting his lip, "But I don't understand why you're so adamant on letting Landon be in our group."

I sighed, tracing shapes on Aleck's chest. "He's changed, Aleck. He's no where near the good boy he used to be, and I think he's worthy of being with us. What do you have against him?"

Aleck goes silent, and I glanced up at him. He was still chewing on his lip, but his eyes were looking everywhere but me. His hand had stopped rubbing my shoulder, and I buried my head in the crook of his neck, waiting for him to answer.

"There's just something about the way he looks at you, babe. I don't like that he thinks he has a chance, because he doesn't. You're mine, and only mine. I'd kill him if he ever dreamed of trying to get with you."

I chuckled, pecking his neck. "So, you're jealous of him?"

"Jealous? Hell no." He grumbled, rolling his eyes. "But he needs to step down off his high horse before I knock him off myself."

"Aleck, he's not bad. I think you'd like him if you gave him a chance."

"I don't think so."

"Well, can you try to be friends with him?" I asked, looking up at him, and he looked down at me. "For me, please?"

Aleck stared at me for a moment before he removed his arm from around me, and rolled on his side, his back to me. "I don't think I can, baby."

I stared at his back, my heart dropping in my chest. I understood if he didn't want to be best friends with Landon, and I wasn't asking him to gossip to Landon about all his dirty secrets, but he could at least try to be friends with him, and not want to kill him. It hurt that Aleck couldn't even try being nice to Landon for me, so with a huff, I rolled off the bed and slipped on my heels, walking towards his door.

"Fine." I muttered, glancing back at him, but he didn't look at me. "Don't call me today, I'm going to be studying with Landon."

With that, I walked out of his house. I knew what I had said probably ticked Aleck off, but I didn't care. He needed to at least give people a chance to prove themselves before he labeled them as trash, and Landon was nowhere near trash. Any girl would be lucky to have a guy like Landon.

Before walking to Landon's, I stopped at my house to change into a pair of black cotton shorts and a t-shirt, and then I went to his house. Landon was sitting on his front porch, his eyes pointed towards the sky, and when I stepped onto his creaky front steps, his eyes snapped to mine, and a small smile played on his lips.