Eight

Song: Fly Away- 5 Seconds of Summer

Zack stared at her as she ran out, his jaw clenched. Drew tensed beside Landon, glaring at Zack.

"You have some damn nerve, Zack." He growled before he ran out after Dixie, and then Zack's eyes flickered to me. I shook my head, looking away from him. There was nothing I could do to help him. He went too far that time, and nobody could help him out of the hole he had dug.

"I never thought I would live to see this day." Aleck mumbled in my ear, and I nodded. Zack glanced between Landon, Aleck, and I before he dragged Bailey out with him, leaving my room. I sat on the edge of my bed, looking between Aleck and Landon.

"That aside, how was your guys day?"

Aleck smirked, patting Landon's shoulder. "Great. Landon here has proved himself worthy of us. Except for the fact that he can't talk to a girl to save his life."

Landon chuckled, shaking his head. "Hey, man. She was intimidating. I've never had a girl lick my face to greet me."

Aleck busted out laughing, and when he calmed down, him and Landon did a bro hug before Aleck walked to me, pecking my lips. "I have to go help Zack get his head out of his ass. I'll see you later, baby."

"Alright, I love you." I said, kissing him once more, and he smiled at me.

"Love you too."

Once Aleck was gone, I looked at Landon. "So, I'm assuming you had a good day?"

Landon sat beside me on the bed, smiling like an idiot. He threw his jacket on my desk chair, before his eyes met mine again. "For sure. They aren't so bad once you get to know them."

Silence grew between us once again, and I rubbed my arm as Landon looked around my room. He drifted from beside me to my stereo, and when he saw the record player sitting beside it, he smirked, his shoulders shaking in a silent chuckle. He leaned over and found all my records stored in the cabinet below. "Vinyls, huh? I gotta admit, Kara. I never pegged you as someone who appreciated record music."

"Who wouldn't?" I replied, walking closer to him and smiling. "Every thing sounds better when it's on a record."

He chuckled, his smile growing. "I knew I liked you for some reason."

Once again, the silence invaded, but I decided to break it, simply because I was sick of things being defined by silence. Zack's anger towards Dixie was defined by silence. Aleck's old feelings about Landon were defined by silence. Where Landon and I stood after our first fight was defined by silence. Actions spoke louder than words, but sometimes silence created a bigger problem than was needed.

"Listen, Landon..." I mumbled, sighing as I looked up at him. He tilted his head to the side, confusion swirling in his eyes. "I'm really sorry. Not just for the fight, but for shutting you out. I'm just not good at communicating sometimes. I'm trying to do better."

Landon stared at me for a second, his eyes searching my face, and for the first time in a long time, I grew nervous. I was afraid he wouldn't forgive me, simply because he caught a glimpse of the real me and was already tired of it. But then he caught me by suprise as his genuine, easy going grin spread across his lips.

"It's okay, Kara. I know what it's like not being able to talk about your problems all the time." He pulled me in for a hug, and I froze before wrapping my arms around his torso. "Just know I'll always be here for you no matter what, and you can always talk to me. I'll never judge you."

I sighed, leaning my head against his chest. "I know. I promise I'll talk to you next time instead of nearly snapping your head off because you asked a question."