Four

Song: Danger- BTS

"So, how do I look?" Landon asked, stepping out of his front door and motioning towards his outfit, and when I turned around, my jaw dropped. I had to admit, he looked damn good. Landon had on a white v-neck and a denim jacket (it had holes as well; big plus), and a pair of black jeans. His shoes were a brand new pair of converses, and overall, he made the bad boy look work. It helped that his hair was naturally messy.

"You make it work, champ." I grinned, winking at him as we walked down to the gate in front of his house. "I think we could definitely persuade the group to let you join."

"I hope so. I didn't put in all this effort for nothing."

"Hope is good. But don't worry, you have me. I'm an expert at persuasion."

Landon let out a chuckled as we walked down the sidewalk towards school. The walk was silent, but for once, the silence was nice. It was nice just to look around for once and hear the birds and the way the wind blew through the trees. I never took the time to notice the simple things. It was hard to do that when you lived the kind of life I was always living with the group.

We reached the school and walked past the entrance towards the court yard. The group was already there, huddled around the tree doing the same stuff they did every morning, and this time, Dixie was actually there. She didn't look too happy, and she distanced herself from Zack, but she was there, and that was all that mattered. Out of everyone in the group, I knew Dixie would support anything I laid on the table-- even letting a good guy like Landon in.

"It's time, champ. Are you ready?" I asked, shooting him a smirk, and he let out a sigh as he fixed his jacket.

"It's now or never."

We walked up to the group, and at first, they remained doing their thing, but when they caught sight of Landon, all conversation ceased, and Aleck even dropped his lit cigarette.

Thank God Dixie was the only one who paid attention and put out the cigarette.

Hell, she even smiled at us.

"Kara, baby," Aleck started, his eyes dragging from me to Landon, 'What in the hell is this goody two shoes doing in our territory?"

Dixie rolled her eyes, while Zack and Drew stood behind Aleck with their arms crossed over their chest, glaring at Landon. Bailey stood off to the side being her ditsy self. Landon shifted uncomfortably, and I glared at Aleck.

"Seriously, Aleck?" I started, and he shrugged. "Landon here has seen the error of his ways."

I shot Landon a look as if to say "I'm-not-for-real, I'm-just-trying-to-persuade-them-easily", and he nodded, winking at me.

"He's no longer the good boy. And I think he's worthy of becoming a part of our group." I finished confidently, and Aleck stared at me as if I had just gone insane. The other guys eyed up Landon. For a couple very long, uncomfortable moments, everything was dead silent. I could tell Landon was getting anxious, and I shot Aleck a look right back.

"You expect us to let him in the group?" Zack butted in, glaring at Landon. "He wouldn't last a week with us. He'd get too scared. Nerdy wimps don't last with us."

"You have some nerve." Dixie suddenly joined, shooting Zack a deadly glare. Zack stared at her in shock, and I understood it was the first time they had talked since... their predicament. "I had to practically hold your hand through your first cigarette, and you still can't handle them. Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and step down from your high pedestal. I have no doubt Landon is a better guy than any of you could ever be."