One

Song: Dangerous- Michael Jackson

Being the life of the party was easy.

Masking who I really was, also easy.

But living a scandalous life such as mine sometimes proved to be a challenge. People expected certain things, they expected you to act a certain way, and they expected you to do exactly what your reputation suggested you would do.

It wasn't always that simple.

But for tonight, living that type of life was simple. Nights like tonight were routine for my crew and I, and after doing it so many times, it became a habit. We'd go to the same location, do the same stuff, and usually end up being chased by the cops.

What could I say? I had to live up to the person people pegged me as.

Rock music blasted out of my beats pill as I wiggled into my tight, black skinny jeans. I danced around the room in my bra before I slid on a gray shirt, "killin' it" written across my chest, and threw an over-sized blue flannel over it. My hair laid in its beach waves, and I slid a hair tie on my wrist before I applied my always over extravagant make up-- excessive black eye liner, mascara to add volume, rosy blush, and faded red lipstick. Once I was completely ready, I slid on my converse, turned off my music, and ran out to the crew's car.

"Jesus, Kara. I swear you take longer than my grandma to get ready." Zack glared at me, and I rolled my eyes. Dixie handed me a cigarette, and I sighed before letting her light it. I admit, those were not something I was proud of. They were also the reason my grandfather died, and I swore I would never use one, but heartbreak does strange things to people.

"Takes the edge off." Dixie whispered, and I shot her a thankful look. Drew started the car, and we sped down the back road, all the way to our spot. It was the back yard of some dude's house. Now, I know what you're thinking. Why would we hang out in a back yard? But this dude owned a huge farm, which meant tons of land and tons of places we could hang and drink without getting caught.

We all hopped out of the car and ran towards the fence. A huge "No Trespassing" sign hung on it, and as Dixie and I jumped up on the fence, Aleck ripped the sign off of the metal. Aleck threw it to the ground, and we busted out laughing as he and Zack started to climb up the fence. Zack threw us the back pack filled with booze, and then he helped Bailey over the fence. Once everyone was over, we started our walk towards the pond. Zach and Bailey ran in, while Dixie lit another cigarette, and Aleck and I pulled out the whiskey. He gulped some of it down, and then he handed it to me before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"You know this is my favorite shirt that you wear." He whispered in my ear, sliding his fingers over the bare skin of my stomach, and I shivered as I shot him a smirk.

"I know." My smirk grew. "That's why I wore it."

"You're going to be the death of me, Kara Bell." He groaned, pressing his lips against my neck, and I tilted my head to the side. His arm moved from my shoulder to my waist, and I wrapped one arm around his neck as the other tipped the whiskey toward my mouth. When I pulled the bottle away from my mouth, Aleck immediately took that as a chance to capture my lips in his, and he laid me on the ground, his arms tightening around me.

This lasted for about five minutes before Dixie groaned from above us. Aleck moved his lips back to my neck, and I shot Dixie a glare.

"Don't give me that look." She said, glaring back. "I'm always the one to witness these make out sessions."

Aleck lifted his head from my shoulder and smirked at her. "You're just jealous because Zack doesn't pay one bit of attention to you."

Hurt flashed in Dixie's eyes, but she quickly covered it up with a glare. I slapped Aleck's shoulder, and he held his hands up in surrender. Aleck stood up and crossed his arms, staring at Dixie, and I stood up beside him, gulping down more whiskey.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, Aleck."

"Oh yeah?" He replied, stepping towards her. "Then prove it."

Fire blazed in Dixie's eyes, and we watched as she stormed down to the shore of the pond where Zack and Bailey were walking back to us. Bailey was in front of him, so she walked up to us and grabbed a towel, and Zack was still making his way back up when Dixie reached him. She grabbed Zack's face and crashed her lips onto his, and at first, Zack was completely shocked, but then he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. Aleck and I cheered as Dixie pulled away from him and walked right back up to us, leaving Zach completely confused and in awe.

"That was gutsy, Dixie. I give you bonus points for that." Aleck teased, and she stuck her tongue out at him as her cheeks tinged pink. Zack walked up to us and scratched the back of his neck, looking anywhere but at Dixie.

I brought the whiskey to my lips again. "I definitely wasn't drunk enough for that."

Aleck and Drew busted out laughing. The six of us sat on the ground and passed around the booze and cigarettes. Zack kept his distance from Dixie, and we could all tell it hurt her, but she would never show it enough for him to notice. Bailey was practically sitting in Zack's lap, and Aleck and I were passing the whiskey between us. It was just another good night for us.

Until all hell broke loose when footsteps pounded against the ground, running towards us. We tried to run, but we were all too drunk to make it far.

"Freeze! Everyone put your hands behind your head!" One of the policemen shouted, and the five of us slowly raised our hands behind our heads, arrogant smirks growing on our faces. This was the usual for us. Our nights didn't always involve the cops, but when they did, they became the best nights of our lives. Five different cops tackled and handcuffed us, dragging us back up to the fence.

And that's how the story began.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi loves!

WOO So it's been quite a long time since I've posted a new story (last time was in high school, maybe junior year... and I'm a freshman in college now), and I am so excited to share this one with you as well as the many others in my drafts :)

I wrote Scandalous when I was 16 and have never edited it or even read through it since, so I'm just going to post the story as it is. With that being said, if the grammar isn't up to par, or if the story line isn't all that great, please keep in mind this book was written by 16 year old me and trust me, 19 year old me is cringing.

I usually edit and rewrite books after I have posted them fully. I will probably do the same with this one.

This chapter is dedicated to @love12192009 ! She always shows so much love and support for me and my books, and I am so appreciative of it! Thank you so much! 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this new book! If this gets 100 views by today or tomorrow, I'll post another chapter!

Please vote, comment, follow, and share! Thank you so much for your love and support!

Much love,

-Abby