Injured Walking the Dog-Harry

This is not a request.  I just whipped this one up this morning.  Hope you like it. 

Words: 2,636

"What a big dog," Harry said as their neighbors left, who had dropped the St. Bernard off to them to babysit for the weekend.

"Yeah," Louis said as they both stared at it. "Huge but kinda cute." He leaned down to pet the fluffy animal, who whined and nuzzled up to Louis's hand.

"Well, let's get him in the backyard," Harry said. "We don't need fleas and ticks and who knows what else might be on him." The dog looked very clean, but Harry liked a clean house even more. Harry was the housewife, basically, while his husband, Louis, went to work every day as a paramedic.

They lead the dog outside, where they enjoyed petting him for a while. The dog, whose name was Dash, was enjoying it. He enjoyed it so much that he was slobbering like crazy on their hands, licking them whenever he had a chance.

"Good dog, Dash," Harry said in baby-talk. "You like this? You like this, yeah?" The dog turned his head quickly and licked Harry on the nose. Harry grinned. "Eww. Thanks, Dash."

Louis chuckled. "Did you just get Harry in the face? Good lad."

Harry gave Louis a playful look as he wiped the slobber from his nose.

*

That evening, Harry decided to go for a walk with Dash. The neighbors said they walked the dog often because he got bored easily. "Hey, Lou. Wanna go walk Dash?"

Louis turned to look at the kitchen. "Nah, the house is a mess. I think I'll stay here and get things cleaned up." Harry did most of the housework, but they'd been busy lately and things were starting to pile up. Louis liked to help out whenever he could.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, go have fun!" Louis reassured.

Harry clipped the leash to Dash's collar and lead the dog to the front yard and into the street, where they walked at a steady speed. Dash, however, pulled on the leash quite hard many times when he got excited. When a squirrel ran on a neighbor's lawn, the dog was quick to dash over to it, trying to either eat it or play with it, Harry wasn't for sure. One thing Harry knew was that that was probably how Dash got his name.

Harry was strong, but even with this huge St. Bernard, Harry had a hard time pulling the dog back every time he jerked on the leash. "Whoa, whoa, there, Dash. Keep still! Just enjoy the walk!" Harry shook his head. If this was Louis, he'd probably be flying, Harry thought.

They had walked about a quarter of a mile when they came upon a familiar house. At the side of the house was a forest, and Harry and Louis had been there many times. Harry followed the dog into the woods, which lead to a small creek, which was lined with many rocks of different sizes. It was a cozy little spot that the boys had discovered one day while out on a walk.

The water was very shallow and trees surrounded the whole area, making it private and cool, where the sun couldn't reach it. It had been a while since Harry had been there. Harry stood on one of the large white rocks that took him at least a foot or more off the ground, and took in his surroundings, enjoying a little respite.

It was then when the dog barked loudly as it must have seen some sort of animal, and darted towards it, pulling Harry along quite harshly and unexpectantly. Before Harry had a chance to react, he was falling from the large rock and into the creek.