Drive-by Shooting: Harry

This was written for XxXFandomGirlXxX

Words: 1,899

Harry was happily singing along to the radio down the highway. He had just finished work and was thinking about his best mate, Louis. They had met through friends while playing football six months ago. Louis was also a doctor at the local hospital and he'd had a crush on him ever since.

He was hoping to get together with him and their footie-playing team this weekend and maybe Louis would ask him out this time. Harry could tell Louis was interested, but he felt that maybe he was just shy. Maybe Harry just needed to do a little more flirting to show his interest.

Something outside brought him out of his thoughts. There was a loud noise, but he wasn't sure what it was. He rolled down his car window a crack and turned down the volume so he could listen.

There it was again. It sounded like a gun shot. He looked through his rearview mirror and saw a white car speeding recklessly down the freeway about half a mile behind him. The sound of sirens sliced through the air, and soon he could see their red and blue flashing lights giving chase.

Little did Harry know that the two guys in the white car had just robbed a bank and were adamant to take the cops out so they could get away with the crime. If he knew the pain that was awaiting him later, Harry would've pulled over right when he heard the first shot. Life, however, didn't work like that.

Harry moved to the right lane to get away from the speeding cars, his heart picking up speed. He just wanted to get home and watch some TV after a stressful day's work.

The chaos was upon him now and Harry heard shot after shot ring through the air. His head was spinning. The men in the white car were shooting at the police cars, deforming them with round bullet holes. One of the cop's tires was hit and it began leaking air.

Bullets were flying everywhere and he wondered if he should crouch down, but he couldn't since he was driving.

Harry looked to his left and there was a police car there and the white car was in the other lane. Harry was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He heard a loud bang as his window shattered, and then felt a powerful force pushing him back into his seat.

When he realized what had happened, he suddenly felt the pain gushing through his shoulder, permeating the surrounding area with heat and agony. The shock of it caused Harry to lose control of his car.

He was conscious enough to put on the brakes, but he lost control of the steering wheel, crashing his car into the side railing as it slid noisily along the cement. Harry's head hit the cracked window as his body jerked around from the impact, and he was sent into unconsciousness.

When Harry awoke again, he wasn't sure where he was. He knew he wasn't in his car anymore and was lying down. He could barely keep his eyes open. He was dizzy and his mind was muddled. He used all his strength to pry his eyes open again and the sweetest face was looking down on him. He hadn't expected to see louis until tomorrow. What was he doing here?

Just then, the same familiar pain hit him again in the shoulder. He let out a scream, his brows furrowed in pain. What was happening to him? He felt Louis put his hand on the area, applying pressure, and he screamed again.

What was Louis doing to him? Why does he keep touching me there?   It was unbearable.

It was then that Harry became aware of other voices. He felt like he was dreaming. He was probably sick, he thought. He heard someone say "blood" and "stabilize", and then Harry let the darkness take over.