Bomb Threat-Harry

Hey guys!  It's been a while.  So this one has character death I thought I should warn you about.  For FandomWriter234.  

Words: 3,527

"Did you just see that guy?" Liam turned to Harry, who was his trainer. "He just ran that red light and tossed out a cig from his window."

Harry, who was driving, nodded and put on his lights. "When will people learn?" he muttered. Harry accelerated quickly, trying to catch up with the speeding red car ahead of them. This was their third speeder since this morning.

Traffic was heavy, but the red and blue lights from their car and the loud siren made all the cars pull over and get out of their way. Harry concentrated on the road, but out of the corner of his eye, he could make out Liam's face, who was trying to stifle a grin. Harry smirked. Liam was really enjoying this.

Liam was training to become a cop and had been paired up with Harry for the last month. Liam was a fast learner and eager to do well. Harry hadn't been too fond of having to be stuck with him for so long, as he was used to flying solo, but he was growing on him. Pretty soon he would be training with another officer, but for now, Harry was starting to like the company.

"Wow, this guy's fast," Liam said, and Harry agreed. He had to apply more pressure to the accelerator in order to catch up with the man. Once Harry was closer, the driver of the car finally pulled over and Harry parked right behind him.

Harry and Liam got out of the car and approached the driver's side window of the red car. The man was rolling down his window when the boys walked over.

"Hello, sir. Do you know why you were pulled over today?" Harry asked.

"No, sir," the man said. He appeared to be in his late sixties, his skin wrinkled and dotted with age marks.

"Well, I'll tell you. You not only ran a red light, but you were speeding and you also threw your cigarette out the window, which is littering. Can you tell me your social security number and I'll need to see some ID and car insurance," Officer Styles said.

Liam was ready with a notepad in his hand as the man spouted out the numbers. Liam went back to the police car and called up headquarters so they could run the numbers and his plates through while Harry checked out the man's car insurance.

Once he was given the information over walkie-talkie, Liam announced, "Sir, you have three outstanding tickets. Did you know that? And one is for speeding." Liam folded his arms across his chest.

"Yes, sir. I'm aware. I'm just waiting for my next paycheck," the man said.

"Well," Liam said, glancing up at Harry. "We will be writing you another couple tickets, and you need to pay your other tickets or else next time you're stopped, you'll be taken to jail."

The man held his hands up as if pleading for his life. "Okay, okay, I will. I promise. I don't want to be taken to jail."

"Not today, buddy, but next time. Make sure you do," Liam said. He began writing the tickets and handed them to the man before he drove off.

Harry opened up his car door and got in their police car. "That was good work, Officer Payne. You handled it well."

"Thanks," Liam said with a smile.

They drove around town for the rest of the afternoon, watching for more crimes to be committed. It was getting closer to lunchtime when a call came in. "This is Officer Payne, over," Liam said through his car walkie-talkie.