Chapter 17 - Airport (part 2)

== Few days ago ==

~* Hae Jin’s POV’ *~

Banging my head lightly to the beat of B1A4’s ‘In The Air’, I shook my right feet to left and right that was leaning on my other knee while I sang along with the song.

“Now everybody put your hands in the air ~”

“—Jin, HAE JIN!!” My mother barked inside my room with a mad expression.

“Mom?” I said, putting away my beats, while the song was still blasting through the headset. “You need something?” I asked.

Huffing out, my mom closed her eyes for a moment to calm down. “Hae Jin, next time please lower the volume because your dad or I might call you.”

“Ahh.. Neh.” I said smiling sheepishly at her.

“Could you please come with me? Your father is calling you.” Umma said, looking at me. Nodding my head, I turned the music off as I headed to the office of my father. Standing in front of my father’s office, my mother turned around and looked at me, telling me to go. I bit on my bottom lip and slowly knocked on the door.

“Yes?”

Appa, it’s me Hae Jin. Can I come in?” I asked, slightly opening the door.

“Oh! Hae Jin-ah! Come in.” He said with a smile on his face and putting away the paper that he was holding. I returned the smile and walked inside in his office with my mother at the back. The two of us sat down on the two chairs that were in front of his table and waited for what was coming next.

“Hae Jin-ah. You know that I don’t call you always here in my office, right?” My father said with his serious expression.

Neh appa.” I said, nodding my head.

“Okay. You also know that I don’t like it to talk about something for a long time. I just go to the point.” He said and cleared his throat. “Hae Jin, I want you to make a favor. And it’s really important that you will make it right.”

“What’s that favor appa?” I asked.

“You need to get me something..”

“Okay..”

“In America.”

“HUH?!” I asked with a shocked expression. “You’re kidding me appa! I will go to America??”

“Yes Hae Jin. Now please sit down.”

“Ow.. I-I’m sorry..” I mumbled slowly sitting down.

My father closed his eyes while folding his hands together. Once more he cleared his throat and opened his eyes.

“Yes you’re going to America to get something for me.”

“And why am I the one who needs to go? I mean can’t it be someone from your friends from the office or someone else?”

“They are all busy and need to do their own things like me.”

“I’m also very busy.” I said, waving my hands in the air.

“Busy? What keeps you busy?” My father asked, raising his eye brows.

“Uhh… I need to ..Take care of my friends little..dog, yes! Dog next week while she’s away for the whole week and then I need to clean this house. Who will take care of this house while you and umma are busy?”