Chapter 2 - Disappointed

Today was a sunny day. Perfectly fine for me to walk home together with my best friend Mijin and my sister. Except the fact that your best friend was a KPOP lover too and kept stopping every other second just to squeal and jump because of another ‘oppa’ issue, together with your sister.

 “Jinjja?? They’re really having a tour now around Asia?” Minjin gasped, stopping on her tracks and entwining her hands with Hae Jin starting to bounce up and down. (*really)

Neeeeeh!” Hae Jin squealed, jumping too. “And you know what; I even heard that they’re coming here, like OMOOO!! We need to be there!! ”

“Kyaaaaa!! DAEBAAAK~” Mijin shouted causing every passer to look at her.

Grinding my teeth together, I closed my eyes and turned around, trying to calm down. “Could you please walk a little bit faster? Umma is waiting for us at home.” I tapped on my feet, glaring at them. (*mother)

“Coming!” Mijin shouted, grabbing after Hae Jin’s hand and run to my direction.

“Now please walk faster. I don’t want umma waiting for us.” I commanded, starting to walk away. Feeling Mijin look at my sister and she shrugging her shoulders, they stared to jog behind my back, trying to stay intact with my feet.

“You don’t want to talk about it?” Mijin asked, placing a hand over my shoulder.

“About what?” I asked, already knowing what she meant.

“K-pop. Duh!”

“You know my answer.” I said, raising my eye brows at her as I took another few steps before entering the house, welcomed by my mother.

 “Hi mom!” I said as I pecked her cheeks.

“Hi umma” Hae Jin greeting her too.

Annyeonghasaeyo Mrs. Kim. thank you for letting me eat lunch with you” Mijin said, bowing down.

“Oh~ Mijin-ah! That’s nothing.” Umma laughed, placing a hand on Mijin’s arm. “You’re always welcome!” She said, smiling warmly at her which Mijin returned.

“So come on kids. Let’s eat. I prepared Kimchi Spaghetti for you and a dessert.” Umma said, clapping her hands together.

“Dessert? Really? What?” Hae Jin and I asked, saliva already dripping at the corner of our lips.

 “Choco Chips muffin. But first eat the spaghetti before it gets cold” She said, placing a big bowl in the middle of the table

Kamhamsamnida! We will eat well!” We yelled, grabbing after our chopstick and digging inside the spaghetti. Swallowing the first bite down, my eyes widen in surprise. “Omo umma! Your cooking is getting better every day!” I said, taking another bite.

“Awww thank you Ji Yeun-ah! I’m really glad that you like it” She said, slightly pinching my cheek.

“Mrs. Kim, it’s really good. May I know how you’ve got the recipe?” Mijin asked.

“Aigoo.. Mijin, you too! Thank you. And sure, I will give you a copy of the recipe later.” Mom said and patted Mijin’s shoulder lightly.

A moment passed by just by eating and enjoying the meal that my mother had prepared without saying a word. After my plate was empty again, I grabbed after the wooden spoon and put a load of spaghetti inside my plate, as suddenly Mijin got my attention.