Chapter 13 - The Plan

“Y-You’re Yoseob’s ex girlfriend ..?”

Nodding her head for the hundreds time, I blinked my eyes now for the thousands time. This was new to me, like really new. I mean, I don’t know IU as an idol since I just met her today in a coffee shop but thinking that Yoseob had a girlfriend?

I don’t want to sound harsh or something but Yoseob really seem like a child to me. Like a child trapped inside an adult body.

IU and I already went out to the mall and walked around to get to know each other and yes, I couldn’t help it but ask her if she really was his girlfriend. I mean ..ex.

“But.. Why did you guys broke up, if it’s not too personal to ask..” I said, lowering my head a bit. Smiling her head no, IU looked through a store and waved at me, telling me to follow her.

“Yoseob and I were just new in a relationship. Two months to be exact and then suddenly we kind of got busy with our schedule and couldn’t meet up with each other every week so we ended up seeing each other twice to thrice in a week or sometimes only once and texting was hard too, but we kept in touch as much as possible. But if we did talked, I could hear how tired and kind of ..bored he sounded..”

There was a second when I looked at IU who had a sad expression on her face, mostly when she said the word bored. I could understand what she went through because I had the same experience with my ex but I thankfully moved on.

“And.. What happened then?”  I asked when I saw that IU’s face steady again.

“There was a night when I was sitting in my living room watching my favorite drama, like what I’m doing every day as Yoseob calls after he’s done with his rehearsal.” She said, looking through different blouse and shirts. “As I accepted the call, I was surprised to hear him fully awake and filled with happiness. At first I was really happy to hear him talking about how his rehearsal went and all the interviews but then..”

“..But then?”

Lost in her thoughts, IU shook her for a second before she turned around and looked at me. “Yoseob kept talking about you.”

Hearing of what I just heard, my eyes widen as IU just smiled weakly. “I heard of you already before you arrived here because I’m close to the others too.”

She’s talking about the B2ST members and the others.

“I was glad that the other’s got a friend like you because the way they talked about you seems like you’re really special. But to be honest with you Ji Yeun-ah, I’m jealous.”

“J-Jealous at me?”

Nodding her head sighing, she tilted her head to me, beaming a smile. “It may seem like we just met, but I really adore you.” She said, holding my hand. “I’m sorry for what happened in the coffee shop lately, I didn’t mean to be rude. It’s just I really like Yoseob and until now I can’t move on from him but I guess there isn’t a chance anymore.” She smiled sadly.

No, this is wrong. There must be a misunderstanding. It can’t be that Yoseob.. Likes me. We’re just friends and I can confirm myself that Yoseob doesn’t want anything from me. But why did he kept on talking about me? There’s something mixed up..

“Ji Yeun-ah~ You still there?” Waving her hands in front of me, I snapped back as I stared into her eyes. I got it!

“IU, are you busy now or later?” I asked, holding her hand firmly. Shaking her head no, I grinned from ear to ear as I pulled her out of the mall and out to the get a taxi. “Where are you taking me?” She asked, trying to keep the pace with me.