Shade Lovette - Chariot Ride

Paired up with Kendall Hawthorne is Shade Lovette; the mysterious boy who looks nothing like our usual District Four Tributes.

Just like we saw at the reaping, Shade keeps a very serious expression on his face. He keeps his face forward, not even glancing at the crowd. His arms are crossed across his chest. But still he appears very intriguing!

He wears a complete tight body suit. It's black with accents of blue and yellow. It's something I picture a professional swimmer would wear. And much to our surprise, Shade is actually fairly muscular. We couldn't really get a glimpse of him behind his drab reaping outfit, but now we see that he's actually pretty toned.

And just like Kendall wore, he has the fishing net head-piece on his head. His long black hair is gelled and out of his face. He looks so professional!

And now to our fashion experts!

Mayelle: I have to admit, I really didn't care for Shade when I watched his reaping. He was too weird for me, but seeing him in the flesh is much different. His expression is very serious and mysterious, which makes me curious about him. And the fact that we can really see his muscles gives him another edge. I'm starting to quite like this boy.

Runo: Despite his expression-less face, I can tell he's very out of his comfort zone. He stands his his arms crossed and his legs together, which makes him look very uncomfortable in the tight body suit. I wouldn't expect him to enjoy being in that outfit very much and it shows. Perhaps the stylist should have put that into consideration? But he looks just as good as Kendall does in that head-piece, it's truly amazing!

I think it's safe to say that Shade is completely out of his comfort zone. I wonder if he'll break out of his shell anytime soon? (Let's keep our fingers crossed for him to make his debut in his interview!)

And now to Philius Phrank, our favorite Head Game Maker!

Philius: Shade gave off the trouble-making vibe right from the beginning, which turned me away from the boy. He still appears to be hiding something, which isn't always the best tactic to get sponsors. No one wants to take a gamble, they want to know exactly what they're investing in. So, I hope that Shade opens up a bit more, for his own sake.

Hm, a very different perspective from where we have all been looking at him from. Interesting point, Philius!

So, what do you think of Shade? Does he rub you the wrong way? Do you think he's too much of a gamble? Is his mysterious personality getting old quickly? Leave a comment below with your thoughts!

As always,

Happy Hunger Games!

-Ackley Phoenix