Darren Hemling - Chariot Ride

Let's keep going, shall we?

Following District Two's Chariot is District Three. And I'd have to say that District Two shines- literally.

Darren Hemling is dressed from head-to-toe in metallic material. He wears a bright turquoise jacket that shines brightly. Pairing with the jacket, he wears a pair of metallic pants. (Battle of the metallic pants between young Darren and hunky Sage!) They seem to be reflecting light into the audience. I know they were attracting some attention, to say the least!

But to finish the outfit out, Darren wears a rather large contraption on his head. It looks so technology-advanced that I'm not even trying to figure out what it is.

The 13-year-old Tribute looks out at the audience, his eyes wide in wonder. I love seeing Tributes experiencing the Capitol for the first time! It's so magical.

Let's turn to our fashion experts for their opinion on Darren's outfit!

Mayelle: I can't help but to compare Darren's metallic pants to Sage Severson's tightly-fitted pair. I feel bad for District Three's stylist for poor timing. Because in the end, Sage's tush is going to be the more memorable between the two. But, for the outfit as a whole, I love the mix-matching of the metallics. I think it's very technology-fitting!

Runo: Yes, very unfortunate for District Two's stylist. But I do think Darren looks great! It makes him look like a piece of work himself. I love the idea of the contraption/hat on his head, but I don't think she put into consideration how small Darren is. He looks like he's struggling to keep his head held high. But, all-in-all, Darren looks wonderful!

I don't think we've ever had an overlap in the fashion department like this before! How exciting! I bet metallic pants will be bought all over by tomorrow morning!

And now a word from Philius Phrank, our favorite Game Maker, with his opinion of young Darren Hemling.

Philius: I recognized the name Hemling right away when Darren was reaped. It's always unfortunate when two members of the same family are reaped. Darren seems very lost among it all, which I can't blame him. The Capitol can be hard to take in for new-comers. I wouldn't be surprised if he took what he learned from his sister's death in the games and used it to his survival. He's got an advantage, I'd say!

I sure hope Darren takes what happened to his sister and uses it for good! Well said, Game Maker!

So, what are your thoughts on young and shining Darren Hemling? What do you think of his metallic pants? Would you sponsor him? Has your opinion on him changed since the reaping?

As always,

Happy Hunger Games!

-Ackley Phoenix