Chapter Eight Tributes.

We're getting down to the final reapings everyone, are you all getting excited? I hope so, because we sure are here at 'Capitol Entertainment'!

Things settled down here in District Eight, after a painful reaping in District Seven.

The Representative didn't seem very enthused, and oddly-enough, the citizens of District Eight didn't either. I don't know why they all aren't buzzing with excitement? He asked for volunteers, but to only be answered by dead silence. Nobody acted surprised.

His hand gloved with leather pulled out a slip of paper from the clear glass bowl.

"Flora Cosette,"

All eyes shifted towards the middle of the crowd of girls. Nobody moved a muscle, everyone was frozen in place. The Peacekeepers strode into the crowd, searching for the lucky Flora.

They came out of the crowd with a tall girl, around 15 or 14 years old, her hair cut in a short, brown bob. She dug her heels into the ground and kept shaking her head. The Peacekeepers struggled to get her to the stage.

Then, a voice rang out,

"I volunteer as Tribute!"

Diverting everyone's attention back to the crowd of girls.

Out stepped a brave-looking girl, her long brown hair flowing ominously in the wind. Nobody made a sound as she took silent steps towards the stage.

"Maisie, no!" Flora screeched, trying hard to escape the Peacekeeper's grips, but she did not succeed.

"Flora, go home, you're needed there," Maisie sternly tells her, looking the girl deep in the eyes.

Maisie Bennett; a 15-year-old girl who is best described as kind and quiet by her fellow District Eight citizens. The girl didn't seem to have much dirt to dig up on her, unfortunately. She seemed to have been living a fairly normal life back at home with her parents and her seven-year-old sister, Elina.

But we did find out that Flora Cosette is Maisie's best friend. We admire her loyalty. (I seem to be sensing a trend of very loyal Tributes this year, don't you?)

Maisie stood on that stage as if she didn't have a fear in the world.

Then the Representative moved onto the boy Tributes.

"Michael Fly," He called out.

Again, nobody really said a word. They simply moved aside for the brawny boy to make his way through the crowd. Even Michael didn't seem to affected by the reaping. (We wish they'd show at least a little bit more enthusiasm...)  

Michael Fly, a 16-year-old factory worker. The people of District Eight seemed to have a variety of opinions on the boy.  

"Michael is a tough boy, as I'm sure you can already tell. I'd say that if any of our boys had a chance at winning, it would be him," One man nodded, showing pride in the Tribute.  

But another wasn't as confident in Michael,  

"Michael's strong, sure. But he's the most stubborn person I have ever met. If he can learn to actually listen to another person for once in his life, maybe he'll have a chance,"  

We're anxious to see how Michael's inability to listen will affect his evaluation scores, or how he'll end up doing in the games.  

So, what are your thoughts on District Eight's Tributes? Does Maisie's bravery and loyalty appeal to you? What about her confidence? Do you think it'll all go to her head? And then, what about Michael? He's obviously strong enough, but do you think he'll learn to listen before it's too late?   Like always, leave a comment below with your thoughts!  

Happy Hunger Games!

-Ackley Phoenix      

A thanks to:

@LinktheFlute for creating Michael Fly

and @RandomnessRequired for creating Maisie Bennett