District Four Tributes

So as you all know, District Four is known for their unusual bunch of gorgeous children. It's usually expected for the Tributes to be pretty, charming little things.

This year, things are a little different.

Shade Lovette; when I first laid eyes on him, surprised was our first reaction. We had grown used to the tan, good-looking, fishermen that took the reaping with stride. Then Shade's name was called and the dark haired boy stepped up.

His black hair hangs down to his shoulders, and he was also equipped with a deep frown and serious expression. He didn't fit the stereotype of 'District Four Tribute'.

I guess it's safe to say that this year's Hunger Games is full of surprises, in every District!

The mean-faced boy made sure to give the cameras a glare so intense that I felt like sinking into my chair. I don't know whether to be impressed, curious or creeped out by the boy's cold personality.

I don't know about you people, but I'm surely looking forward to his interview back home in the Capitol!

I was curious about this mysterious boy's reputation in his District, so of course I fished around. (Get it? Fished around? ha. ha.)

Nobody really had anything interesting to say, and his family refused to talk to anyone from the Capitol. Luckily for us all, I ran into an old school-friend of Shade's.

"Shade is an odd one, there's no doubt about that... But he's one of the most intelligent people I know. He's ready to fight against anything evil,"

I don't know if that sparks your interest people, or just makes you wonder what types of evil he's had to face?

Then, after Shade took his place on stage beside the Capitol representative, they pulled a name for the female Tributes.

Avian Usely, a small framed, pretty-faced, young blonde freezes in her spot among the other 15 year-olds. I could just see the poor thing's bottom lip quivering.

Peacekeepers are forced to grab hold of the terrified girl, after she refuses to move. Then, much to everyone's surprise, a voice rings out.

"I volunteer for Tribute!"

All eyes snap over to another small girl, merely feet away from Avian. Her eyes are stuck on the terrified Avian.

"My, my! How exciting!" The representative claps, and jumps in the air.

The small, brunette girl steps forward, passing Avian and the other peacekeepers. She mounts the stage, her knees shaking as well. I'm sure she didn't think her decision completely through, judging from the look in her eyes.

"What's your name, my dear?" All eyes are glued on the petite girl as they await her answer.

"Kendall Hawthorne," She replies, speaking just barely loud enough for us towards the back of the audience to hear.

"Did you know Ms. Usely?" The representative boldly asks, giving Kendall a small pat on the shoulder.

"Yes," She answers numbly, "She's my best friend," She replies, her eyes meeting with Avian's in the audience.

I assure you people, there was not a dry eye in the crowd. Especially not after little Avian was dragged from the crowd, after fainting.

So, although Shade and Kendall do not appear to be typical District Four Tributes, they surely have caught our attention.

What do you think of these two? Have they won your attention? Would you sponsor them?

Like always, leave a comment below with your thoughts!

-Ackely Phoenix

A special thanks to

@RobynKeenan for creating Kendall

and @puppycakes21 for creating Shade!