15. | Callie

"The fuck?," I whispered when Luke stumbled down the stairs, landing right on his face. I had to stifle my laugh, concealing my emotions.

He looked at me confused for a second, almost as if he was thinking about something very intently. His body snapped a bit, almost as if he got his answer.

"Callie, hey," he slurred as he sat up, sitting criss-cross right on the floor by the stairs.

"Are you drunk?," I asked.

"No," he giggled, fucking giggled.

He then got on all fours, crawling towards me and I pushed myself further onto the wall, my eyes filling with tears. I don't know how he is drunk. He could be an angry one and kill me right on the spot. I pushed myself even further when his face got even closer to mine.

He was so close, our noses brushed. He breathed out a breath and I crinkled my nose, the stench of alcohol filing my nostrils and I definitely didn't like it.

He stared deeply into my eyes, almost as if he was trying to stare into my soul. But you really can't do that, you just get that uncomfortable feeling; you know? That one feeling when someone stares into your eyes and you feel like they're thinking of every flaw you have and all your inner secrets.

His gaze moved down, towards my lips and I subconsciously licked them, taking in a shaky breath.

"I don't know how to say this but," he finally broke the deafening silence. He brought his head closer to mine, resting his forehead against mine.

"I think I've fallen in love with you."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I stared gaping at him as he stared at me with a dull expression. How can he say he's thinking he's in love with me when; one, he's kidnapped me; two, he's tortured me and has stabbed me. And the last one, it's only been a few days, literally.

I just had to play along to get my plan into action.

"I-I think I'm fallen for you as well," I stuttered out, literally having trouble saying it. He smiled a lazy smile, laughing as he rested his head on my shoulder. His soon began to weigh more and more on me, until his body rolled off of me landing on the floor next to me.

Luke was then out like a light.

I smirked to myself, totally prepared for how he'll react tomorrow morning. I got situated, trying to get comfortable since my arm is burning from the stab and the cigarette burns. The taser marks don't hurt unless I touch them now.

Once I was comfortable, I closed my eyes floating into, for one, a peaceful sleep here.

I woke up to hear groaning and shifting next to me. My eyes fluttered open and i yawned, rubbing my eyes. I looked over to see Luke beginning to wake up and I was quite confused at first until everything came flooding back to me.

He said he loved me.

I said it back.

"What the fuck?," Luke said and I looked at him. Okay now I have to put up the act of pretending I'm 'in love' with him.

"Hey," I said, smiling at him.

"Why the hell are you smiling at me?," he asked, looking totally weirded out.

"You don't remember last night?," I feigned hurt.

"What happened?"

"You said you loved me, I said it back," I said like I was trying to draw back a memory.

"I did," he said, squinting one of his eyes as he ran a hand through his hair that is usually lying in a quiff as high as the empire state building. I nodded, looking at him as if he was stupid.

"Well I don't," he replied bluntly, standing and dusting himself off.

"You're lying. Drunk words are sober thoughts," I said, shaking my head.

"I don't love you," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Quit being in denial."

"I am not!"

"You so are Luke, just admit you love me."

"I won't admit something I'm not," he retorted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Then why are you getting all defensive," I smirked.

"Because you're accusing me of something that I'm not."

"I'm only saying what's true."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm done," he said, walking away and I dug my hand onto one of my wounds, trying to hold in the cry of pain as I faked sadness for him.

"Seriously. You're going to admit your feelings to me and deny them," I made my lip tremble as the tears from touching one of my wounds made tears come to my eyes. He looked back and he paused for a moment.

He took in a shaky breath, not making eye contact with me.

"And what if I w-were to love you?," he asked, his voice quiet, I almost didn't hear him.

"I'd love you back," I lied, swallowing hard. I use to never be a liar, now here I am tossing lies around. I wouldn't love the guy who has abused me, tortured me, and said he's going to kill me.

"Are you being serious?," he asked, stepping closer. It was then I noticed on how vulnerable he looks. His eyes are bright, looking like he has tears but he isn't crying, you know.

He's in such a vulnerable place now and realized that he has trouble showing his feelings. I wonder what made him like this, his feelings beings hidden.

Then he took another step closer, until his body froze and his eyes darken. But, it looked like he was trying to fight it. He began to mumble to himself, his words not audible to he heard. His voice casually getting louder and it sounded like he was fighting with something in his head and I have never been more scared in my life.

"No! I will not listen to you anymore, I love her."

My eyes widened. He actually admitted it, sober.