Chapter 13

Ed's POV

"how's she?" I asked Harry once he walked in. I tried to sit up on the bed unsuccessfully, my body still hurts, even if it has been almost a week since the encounter. Harry closed the door behind him and sat on the chair of the corner with a face I haven't seen before.

"fine, she said she'll come to visit you when her father recovers" he replied looking at his hands and avoiding to see me. I really want to see her, this week has been hell without her warm embrace, giggles, breath, the blue of her eyes, every inch of her. She must be thinking I wanted to kill his dad when I really just wanted to tell her I'm sorry. I want to learn to love myself as who I am, to do everything possible so we can be happy together. It's not too late. I looked directly at Harry and he glanced at me a second.

"did you tell her I'm sorry?" he nodded, "I wanna see her" he looked up at me with wide open eyes and shook his head.

"I don't think so, she's... a bit stressed by all her parent's things and stuff, you know, girls" I nodded, noticing the lie. As soon as I'm able to walk everything will be fine. 

Taylor's POV

I bought some safe pills for the pain on my stomach and headed back to my apartment. I can feel the suddenly change from waking up by birds singing to cars honking like crazy, from walking through trees to walking through busy streets and big billboards, but mainly, now I wake up alone and far away from the people I love. My dad's footsteps in the morning, my mom's delighful breakfast, weird things on my room, Steve's endless work, happy people living day by day and Ed, all himself, being near me while I'm sleep or wide awake, there's nothing of it here.

I took a sip from my Starbucks and got into the elevator, wondering how's Ed dealing with everything, what's Harry doing to keep him away from my family. I have had a really gray day without all the wildness and danger. 

The lights on the elevator went off, I wasn't scared until something cold brushed my neck, a strange texture than sent shivers down my spine and made me jump to the other side of the elevator. The lights went up and nobody was there, but I really felt something, I can say it's a symptom of my pregnancy but I'm tired of being wrong. 

Once I got into my room I made something quick to eat and started to unpack. My clothes have the smell of wood still attached, I can perfectly picture Ed and I lying onto the grass looking up at the sky or the way his tensed arms wrapped around my body in cold nights and I caressed them to relax him. I fell hard, and now broke into pieces by it, I knew I was going to miss him but not that much. I rather take a rest and forget it all, think on the baby and the safety on my family, not in me but them, that dragged me here.