Chapter 3

Taylor's POV

I grabbed my bag and slowly opened the door. It's the middle of the night and everyone is sleeping, nobody will see me. I stepped out of the house and slowly closed the door, passing all the houses and everything I finally arrived to the fence. The noises coming from inside the woods made me shiver. I threw my bag to the other side and then tried to climb it.  

Successfully I did it.  

"ouch!" I accidentally cut and now my hand was bleeding. It hurt me a lot, but it was no time for crying just walking far away from my family, my creepy room, and luckily finding a place to stay on the other side.

Now I was on the middle of the woods, the darkness is not scary for me, the sounds neither. 

"just close your eyes, you'll be alright, come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound" I sang jumping some rocks and walking through the tall trees. My hand was still bleeding so I decided to stop and apply something.

The only sound that echoed the woods was the sound of me picking out things and moaning with pain while pouring alcohol. 

I wrapped a bandage around my cut hand and then I heard something near. I grabbed my lantern and pointed at every single tree, nothing. I kept healing my cut but then the sound of something moving behind me scared me, now I was really damn scared. I'm so dumb for entering here.

Something cracked, I turned around expecting to find a little rabbit but what I saw made my body froze and legs get weak, I wanted to scream but my breath went all away, I couldn't breath I couldn't think straight. A big orange wolf was staring at me with wide red eyes, his eyes hunt me, I could see how his stomach went up and down along his breathing. He was staring at the cut on my hand, he probably smelt the blood at distance, the hand that was holding the lantern got weak and it fell onto the ground, just lighting his orange and strong feet. I got myself ready for what I thought was the end, I'll be the next being dissapeared and victim of the wolf, my dad will not stop trying to hunt him after this.

I stepped back and balance myself, I can't faint now, 'this isn't the end' I told myself and then ran, just ran and ran, expecting for the wolf to reach me soon, the sound of him running after me put a lot of pressure that I couldn't handle anymore. Tears rolled down and my heart wanted to get out of my chest, I couldn't do anything but pray hopelessly, just then I heard a gun and then the body of the animal behind me hit the ground and I fell too of horror.

"Taylor!" my dad yelled.  

"dad" I was shocked, shaky, crying. He held me in his arms.  

"everything is okay" he murmured, instead of looking up at him I looked at the wolf running away. Dissapearing but the image was still pasted all over my mind. 

"dad, the animal" I could barely say breathlessly.

"forget it" he said and then I passed out.

Hours later...

"now you see how dangerous this animal is and how these people feel, you can't imagine how I felt when someone told me you entered, honey, that's why they call me, they want to feel safe again so let me do my job" my dad said holding my hand, that was resting on hot water with a medicine to make my cut scar faster. I nodded.

"I will" he smiled.

"sleep darling, and stay away from the edges of the town" he hugged me and left. I tried to sleep, but everything I could think was that moment at midnight, when he saw me, the color of his fur. Now I'm starting to think he didn't wanted to hurt me, or eat me, I sense something strange about that moment. 

"Scott!" I heard someone yelling and the my dad going outside, "a young guy was reported missing" 

Author's note: HAPPY SWIFTMAS! sorry, let me do that again.... HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!! Omg, I can't wait for Santa to bring me my ginger, sorry, presents :P have a nice day and hope you're enjoying this story xx