Chapter 12

Ed's POV

Scott jumped on me, scratching my chest with his long claws. I fell breathless of scare onto the cold ground, but anger ran through my veins at the memory of that cloudy night, a ginger chubby kid walking alone on the forest and without warning being attacked. I made a fist and quickly turned into his competence. I kicked his stomach, making him fly to the other side of the room and fall on Taylor's nightstand, her lamp broke in pieces and a portrait fell.

"ginger puppy, that's all you got" he groaned. We rolled and broke everything around. He grabbed me by the neck and I punched him on the face. We fought for long minutes, Taylor's bed flew on the air and fell on him, he was about to pass out, this is my opportunity and I wasted it...

"my name is Ed, if you're going to tell your dad about this at least you should know my name"  

"I'm not going to tell him" she said still concentrated with closing my wound. 

"but... you want to kill the wolf like everyone" 

"that's not true, I'm not like my dad, I'm not like them" I knew she was telling the truth by the look of her blue eyes.

I shook my head trying to get her out of my mind. This is what I always wanted to do, kill Scott and get my revenge. I'm not going to waste it. I raised my hand ready to give the last punch...

"if killing the man that gave me a life, love and family is your way to have a happy ending together, then there's not going to be a future with you and I forever"

My eyes turned blue and fist softened, she's all over me...

"the passion and mystery that you hide has always captured me, everything about both of your personalities, if you thought it scared me or affected us it's your own problem, cause I... was fine with it"

Scott stood up and laughed, "using my daughter as your shield ended being a knife on your heart, I knew it and that's why I let you hang out with her, but I always followed you in the town since the accident of my men shooting, remember?" he laughed again. My back hit the ground. I made everything wrong from the beginning and I have to pay now. This is the official end, I looked at my side and saw a photo of Taylor smiling, beautiful blue eyes, long blonde hair, soft lips. I've never felt such a peace. She's beautiful. 

I was more than ready for an end, but it broke by another feeling. The feeling of a body falling on top of me and a scream of pain. Without looking who was on top I lifted my hand and placed it on the back of the warmth and slim body. Taylor.

Taylor's POV

"Harry, come here!" the brown haired and strong animal that brought me here a few seconds ago turned into a sweet guy again and ran towards me, "and my dad?"

"I left him unconscious" I frowned, "calm, he'll be fine, and awake in a few minutes so we need to hurry" I looked at my dad, who was lying on the corner of the room. I hate to be in the middle of this, "Taylor your shirt!" Harry exclaimed all of the sudden. I looked down and it was covered with blood.

"it's not mine" I said, my heart started to beat faster, "Ed". Harry kneeled and unbuttoned Ed's shirt, long cuts cross his chest. I remember watch him sleep, how his chest moved up and down in a tense but sometimes calm rhythm, now it's short and forced. I can feel his pain and it's my fault.

"they are not deep" Harry said examining the scratches "he will make it, but what about you? your leg" I looked at my leg, it was bleeding because my dad accidentally hit me when I protected Ed's body.

"I'll be fine, but I want Ed to be safe first"

"I can only carry one of you and I won't leave you here alone and injured, come with me and let me check that" I shook my head.

"please, take Ed out of here, I'll see you later"

"and what are you going to do?" he asked, throwing Ed over his shoulder.

"pack" I sighed.